Versus the Tech Army - Part 1

(Dakotas POV)

A few days after meeting the new threat Traeger, I planned to meet the others at the robot after school on a Friday. Ryan, Spyder, and Harris were already there when I got there, and I walked into Harris lab to Spyder hiding behind a lab bench, Harris standing smugly at his computer, and Ryan back first up against a table with a floating robot in his face.

"Once it confirms its target, it'll attack!" Harris says happily.

"What's going on here?" I asked. As Ryan ducked out of the way of a laser that was shot out of the robot.

"Harris's new robots are trying to kill me." Ryan said.

"Sorry." Harris tapped a button on his computer changing the picture from Ryan to Grey and Traeger.

"New target excepted." The automated voice said. The drones turned from Ryan and flew out the now open window.

"Fly! Find the bad guys be free!" Harris cheers.

"So we're going to be on watch this whole weekend." Ryan says while I joined them.

"Yup. No eating, no leaving the shower. Gonna go to the bathroom right here." Spyder says with his arms on both Harris and Ryan.

"We have bathrooms!" I said, disgusted.

"I don't care." Spyder smiles.

"Hey dingus, didn't you get moms text? She wants to see us now." Marks voice says through Ryans mech-link.

"All right on my way." He says in return. "Do not go the bathroom in here!" Ryan says to Spyder before leaving.

"I promise." Spyder says while he walked out the door. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." He whispered to Harris. After I thought he left, mainly to avoid Spyder, I laid back on the couch in the x-deck on my phone having nothing else better to do.

"Hey D?" I heard Ryans voice call from the next hallway over.

"In here!" I yelled back.

"Hey." He said coming around the corner.

"I thought you left?" I asked.

"I was going to but then I forgot I had to ask you a question." He says leaning one shoulder up against the doorway.

"And that is?" I asked again.

"Since we have the drones now, you want to carve out some time this weekend to go do something together?"  He questions.

"You know what that sounds great." I answered with a smile on my face. "What were you thinking."

"I'll figure something out." He says confidently.

"Ryan!" We heard Marks voice yell again through the mech-links.

"I'm coming!" He says back before shooting me a glance before turning to leave.

"Text me!" I yelled as he left.

"Will do!"

—————

(Ryans POV)

"What do you think mom wants?" Mark asks as we got out of the car. I had met up with my brother outside the robot in his car and he drove us to where my moms food truck was parked in a park to meet her.

"I don't know, but as soon as we're done here, we're going back to the robot. This whole weekend, looking for bad guys." I said while we stepped up on to the side walk. I was interrupted by someone yelling,

"Hey!" From behind us, startling both me and Mark. It was our dad back from Bolivia.

"Dad!" We yelled while he hugged the both of us.