Versus Miami - Part 1

(Ryans POV)

"Hey dude." Mark said walking in my bedroom door.

"Hey." I responded from my bed, barely looking up from my phone.

"I was surprised you were actually here last night." He said sitting on the couch.

"Why is that weird?" I asked. "You know I live here, right?"

"I mean yesterday was Friday, you and Dakota sneak out pretty much every Friday, to go skating don't you?"

"You know about that?" I asked.

"Uh yeah." He laughed. "Anyway, why weren't you out."

"Uh she canceled." I answered, hoping to leave it at that.

"Uh-oh." Mark said. "What did you do?"

"Why do you assume I did something?" I asked, slightly offended.

"I had a hunch," he responds. "So what did you do?"

"Long story short, Leo might have found a way I can help Dakota get her powers back, let's just say I wasn't very supportive of the idea." I explained. 

"Ahh, yeah that makes sense." He said. "But why not?"

"Mark I don't know, if I were to do what Leo says might work, and something were to happen to her, I would feel terrible, I don't want to be the reason she gets hurt. Kinda already did that once." I continued to explain. 

"I think you still need to support her, I think it's her choice to make, if Leo's confident it will work, she wants to, I think you gotta let her." Mark says, giving me the, you know I'm right look.

"I'm gonna talk to her today." I said slightly glancing out my window.

"Might get to do that sooner than you think, come on." Mark said, sacredly looking down at his phone then his mech-link. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Harris just messaged us, Greys monster just stopped on a huge research facility."

————— 

(Dakotas POV) 

We met up with everyone at the robot, and yes Greys monster was still here. It was outside a huge glass dome with a big hole in the roof. I wasn't really fond of being there, but hey, duty calls. 

I guess.

When we met the brothers there, Spyder ran to his desk, me my chair, but a now healthy Harris almost collided with Veracity when they both ran for the last chair.

"This isn't awkward." Spyder said trying to ease the tension. "I don't feel awkward."

"No no no, this is your station, your shields." Veracity says to give the chair to Harris. "I will go help Mark with the X-weapon."

"Alright Spyder." Ryan began once Veracity left the room. "Light him up like a Christmas tree." Spyder happily hit the launch button but nothing happened. "Spyder?"

"Nothings responding?" Spyder said. I had slid over to the monitors on the side of Harris's station, looking over the robots systems.

"Zero connection with the weapons systems and the shield systems." I said while Harris continues to try and get the shield up. "Mark talk to us, what's going on?" I asked into the mech-links.

Through all of the screaming and yelling, we could make out Mark saying, "Leo and Harper were trying to shift power to the X-weapon, then they started clawing each other's eyes out." I stood up out of my chair and reached for the hatch in the floor.