Versus the Wolves at the Door - Part 3

(Dakotas POV)

After explaining to all of us that he had started building his own robot to destroy us and everything we've ever loved, Harper agreed to use the winged jaguar to fly the pieces of the robot back to Bay City. It was a weird experience for many reasons, but also, while Harper piloted the Jaguar, the rest of us, stayed in the robot. After a very chaotic game of cards against humanity, a game that Spyder always kept in the x-deck, I stood up from the control pad, where we were all playing and was going to go down to the X-deck and grab snacks. I pulled a bunch of stuff from the mini fridge and turned when I heard someone come in the room behind me. 

"Hey Veracity." I said once I noticed her.

"Hey" She says standing behind the couch.

"You alright?" I asked after noticing her face and body language.

"I- don't know." She answered.

"Well what's going on? Was it just today, like in general?" I asked again.

"I guess thats part of it, but I wanted to talk to you about something else." She said sitting on the couch. I shut the fridge and sat down with her on the couch.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Don't interpret this, the wrong way but, Spyder did something really sweet for me today. And I didn't hate it." She said.

"Before I freak out, what did he do?" I asked trying to not get to excited to quickly.

"When we were trapped in the closet, he after putting a bunch of scrap metal all over him to make a sort of armor, he stepped out and led the wolves away from me and Harris so we could reboot the robot." She explains. 

"That's what he was doing?" I asked. "That's adorable. Wait! You didn't hate it?" She shook her head.

"He's been so welcoming, I mean you all have. But he's just been, you know going out of his way for me, that I kinda don't like." She says.

"You don't like it?" I asked. "But you like that he's protecting you?"

"I guess, it's really confusing." She sighed.

"Veracity, if I've learned anything in my life time, it's most relationships are confusing." I told her.

"Spyder and I aren't in a relationship though." She responds.

"Yeah but I'm not just talking about Ryan." I began. "You've been here long enough to know Mark and I, don't really get along." She nodded. "We constantly take shots at each other, cheap insults, sarcasm, thats mainly me, but my point is, we don't like each other, that is until Ryan was in danger, we were on the same page the entire time."

"I mean I wasn't with you guys, but I know what you mean." She says.

"I bet if I bring Mark the wrong flavor of juice he'll go right back to not liking me." I said making her smile.

"I just, I- I feel like we wouldn't make sense." She said in response.

"Girl, I fell flat on my face for a guy who used to be, and kinda of still is, a super fan of mine. Almost any relationship makes some sort of sense to me." I laughed. "So are you going to say the words or just keep dropping hints?"

"I'm not going to say anything until I know for sure, but thank you for listening." She responded.

"Anytime, wanna head back up?" I asked while we both stood up.

"Yeah sure." She answered following me. "I guess it's only polite to ask, how are you taking everything?"

"Being honest, today was, harder than most." I admitted. "Ryan and I, are probably the most guilty of this but, I was terrified all day. And in order to get him back I had to act like, everything was fine."