Versus the Thirty - Part 2

(Dakotas POV)

Leo, Randall, Aaron and Lincoln laid Brandi down in a bed and explained what they were going to do while Ryan and I stood waiting.

"I don't know about this." I said quietly.

"I'm don't either." He whispered back. "But I want to do it, because  if whatever this is works on this girl, it's going to work on my mom."

"Just be careful." I told him.

"I will." He gave me one last glance before stepping up to the bed next to Leo.

"Just do what you do when you connect with the robot." Leo says to him. He nodded in understanding before sitting down in the chair next to Brandis bed. I stood next to Leo as he put his hands on either side of her face. When he did what Leo said, I could tell it caused him and Brandi some pain, nothing that looked unbearable though at first. As the few seconds went by I could tell it was getting worse. When he took his hands off of her she immediately sat up, Ryan remained in the chair catching his breath while Brandi said,

"I don't feel sick anymore! I feel cured."

"You did it Ryan." Randall says. "She's going to be okay."

"Great." He says strained up. "Who's...." he didn't even get to finish that sentence before he fell over right into me and Leo, completely out.

————

(Ryans POV)

I woke up still with a little bit of pain in my head. I took me a minute to realize where I was. I woke up in one of the beds in the villages makeshift infirmary. Just a few beds away from my where my birth mother was still sleeping. I sat up slowly, first from the pain and after noticing Dakota. She was sitting on the floor, facing my bed, her hand on top of mine. I had obviously been out a decent amount of time because she was asleep too. I carefully stood up from the bed, making sure not to wake her up. I crept over to the closets window, outside in the village, Leo stood with Lincoln and Aaron. I couldn't make out what they were saying but it didn't matter. I had the opportunity to save my birth mom and I took it.

I stood over my moms bed, doing exactly what I did to the little girl, only this time tried to be quieter. It didn't work. I was probably about half way done when me trying to keep my pain to a minimum woke Dakota up. 

"What are you doing?" She asked running over.

"I'm have to do this!" I answered trying to keep focused. She knew I wasn't going to listen so waved Leo over from the window. He came running back in the room, horrified at what I was doing.

"Ryan you have to stop this!" He said. "I don't know what it's doing to you."

"Ryan listen to him!" Dakota pleaded.

"No I'm going to save her!" I refused. The second I took my hands off my mom, Dakota had pulled me away, quickly realizing how unsteady I was on my own feet.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked.

"Trying to save my mothers life." I said still having to heavily lean on her to stand

"At the expense of your own?" She questions.

"I wasn't going to let her die." I answered her. When she didn't respond, I followed her gaze, that eventually met my moms, who was now sitting up in her bed. I took a step forward, Dakota coming with me so I could stand.

"Ryan?" She said in disbelief. "Randall told me about you."

I don't remember much after that.

—————