Versus Harpers Ghost - Part 3

(Dakotas POV)

Ryan drove the robot back to the ferry hanger, locking us back inside. We all stayed in the control center, while Ryan took Harper to have a 'conversation' with him, I really hoped that meant drop him outside a police station, but I knew better.

I was trying to stay cool but something about Ryan being alone with Harper, being the psycho that he is, didn't sit right with me. Mark, Spyder and Harris kept telling me everything's fine, but I went and looked for them anyway. I headed in the direction of the x-deck, eventually making it to one of the doors, but it was closed, which is weird because we never close them. I went back to the end of the hallway to the control panel to open the door. I came into the x-deck, all the doors except the one leading to the elevator were closed. In the open door, Harper stood looking over at something. He looked up at me with a smug smile as I slowly walked closer.

"What's going on?" I said, watching as he reached up to hit the button to close the door. "Hey wait!" I ran around the couch trying to beat the door.

"Get out of here." I could hear Ryans say, sounding like he was being tortured with something. That's when I noticed it was him lying on the floor Harper was standing over.

"Hey!" I continued to bang on the door. "Open the door!" I took off running back down the hallway to get around the x-deck to get back to the elevator when I heard Ryan yell out in pain from the other side of the door.

"Mark X-Deck!" I yelled into my mech-link as I ran.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Just get down here!" I yelled back grabbing a taser weapon of the wall as I rounded the corner to the elevator. Harper was about to step inside and quickly shut the door and took of as I swung the metal stick in my hand at him. I barely hit the top of the elevator as it shot away. I threw the weapon down running Ryan who hadn't moved. "Ryan? Ryan can you here me? What happened?" What ever Harper did to him left out cold.

"Dakota?" I heard Marks voice call from the other side of the door. I quickly got up hitting the button to open the door. Mark, Spyder and Harris both spun around as I opened the door.

"What the hell! What happened!" Mark ran over to me.

"I- I don't know. Harper did something to him and then got away." I explain as the two of us picked him up, carrying him over to the couch in the x-deck. 

"Ryan? Bro can you here me?" Mark shook his brothers shoulder. It was tense silence of the four of us looking at each other until he moved his hand to his head, coughing as he began to wake up. The four of us let out a sigh of relief practically in unison while Mark slowly helped him sit up. I ran to the other side of the room where our mini fridge was, grabbing a juice from inside. Ryan noticed what I was doing and said,

"D, I'm fine really I don't..." 

"Oh shut up and take it." I ran back over shoving the bottle in his hands. Still trying to catch his breath he opened it to take a sip of it, probably just because I was staring at him waiting for him to do just that. "What happened?" I sat next to him. 

"That thing Harper was using to send visions to me, basically he turned the painfulness switch up to ten because that hurt way more than the other ones did."  He started explaining. "Man we had him, and I blew it. He was playing me the entire time, he knew exactly what buttons to push to get me to lose it."

"We also lost. Grey that's my bad." Harris says, trying to make him feel better.

"Don't worry about it." Mark says. "We'll get them both. And we'll do it right."

"Well in that case." Spyder stood up and began texting on his phone. "Sorry Veracity, can't make out date." She quickly responded. "Huh, it's not a date. Who knew that?"

"I knew!" Harris said.

"We all knew." Ryan added.

"I knew too." I said. "And that still makes me sad."

"You're driving me crazy." Harris sighed in my direction. "Supporting this is driving me insane." Harris got up and started to walk away.

"Hm? Is that jealousy I'm sensing Harris?" I yelled after him. He put his hands over his ears while he sped up his walk down the hallway as I just laughed.

"Got him." I laughed. Mark had left, who knows where, eventually the elevator shot back up when Spyder went to leave.

"Whoa! What happened to the elevator?" Spyder asks. I looked over my shoulder, laughing at the sight of a dent in the top of one of the elevator doors.

"What?" Ryan smiles at me. 

"Yeah I swung a weapon at Harper as he got away." I laughed. "And let's just say as the elevator moved, I was swinging for the fences."

"Forget Pro-skating you should take up softball." Spyder said stepping in the elevator.

"What can I say, I'm a multi-sport athlete!" I shrug. After Spyder left I turned back around, Ryan taking another drink of the juice I gave him. 

"Hey, so taking into consideration everything that happened today, if you're up to it," I put my hand out, "Donuts? On me this time?" He smiled, taking my hand.

"Always up for donuts, especially when I don't have to pay."

—————

"You know how surprised I was when you didn't get the same donut." He said to me as we walked home after donuts. "You know, the one you get every single time?"

"Oh don't worry I still bought one." I said holding the to-go bag in my hand. He smiled while pulling his phone out. "It's tomorrow's breakfast."

"Hey Leo." He said answering the phone call. "That's great! Wait what? All right yeah, first thing tomorrow got it." It was a quick phone call but before I could ask what happened he said, "Leo found my birth father."

"That's amazing I'm so happy for you!" I cheered when he told me.

"It's not all good news though."

A/N - once again, apologies for the short chapters😂🤦‍♀️