11//: Zayn - Passes out (on stage)

*backstage*

Niall's pov:

"32nd concert!", Louis shouted.

"Did you really count the concerts we had?", Liam asked unbelievable.

Louis laughed. "Of course."

"And how many concerts do we still have to do?", Zayn asked.

He didn't like performing that much anymore. He loved singing but performing so much like we had to do...he didn't like that.

"37 concerts.", Liam replied.

Everyone was looking at Zayn. He just sat on the sofa and looked on the floor. I sat next to him. The others kept talking again.

"Zayn, are you okay?", I whispered. I didn't want the others to get my attention.

"Yeah, just a bit exhausted, I guess.", Zayn whispered back.

"If you ever wanna talk, you can always talk to me. I'll be there.", I smiled.

"Thanks Ni.", Zayn smiled back. But I guessed it was a fake smile.

"You can go on stage, guys!!", Paul shouted.

We went on stage. The fans welcomed us with loud noise.

We sang our first song. After that we also welcomed the fans. Today Harry did this part.

"Good evening, Düsseldorf!!! We are One Direction! Thank you for having us!", he shouted through the stadium.

Before the concert, I decided to take care of Zayn and always have a look at him. And during the concert I saw how he started to put his hand on his forehead. He never did this. Just sometimes to wipe away the sweat. But now it was too often.

I slowly moved in Zayn's direction to be there quickly in an emergeny. I was glad my mind wasn't fooling me. Zayn began to tremble. His hands were shaking. He was wearing a T-shirt that's why I saw he was getting goosebumps. Then his legs gave way and luckily, I stood next to him so I was able to catch him.

Harry, Liam and Louis came over.

"OMG Zayn!!", Harry panicked.

"He passed out, didn't he? Do we have to go to the hospital?", Louis wanted to know.

"We cancel the concert and go back to the hotel. Zayn has to rest.", I said and hold Zayn's 'dead' body in my arms. I had never anyone passing out. And especially not my best friend.

Harry helped me to carry Zayn backstage. Louis and Liam talked to the fans and apologized.

In the backstage area I lay Zayn down on the sofa.

"How could this happen?", Harry asked me and looked worried at Zayn. Zayn slowly opened his eyes and put his hand on his head again.

"Zayn, how are you feeling?", I asked.

"Just a little headache and dizzy.", Zayn replied.

"How could this happen?", Harry now asked directly Zayn.

Zayn just shook his head as a sign that he couldn't (or didn't want to) answer this at the moment.

Then Liam and Louis also came backstage.

"What did the fans say?", Harry wanted to know.

"They were so understanding. They said Zayn should rest a lot.", Louis replied and smiled.

"We'll go back to the hotel.", Liam said and Harry carried Zayn to Paul's car.

We drove back to our hotel and this time I carried Zayn. I lay him on the bed in his room. Liam, Louis and Harry stayed in the kitchen.

"Zayn, hey! Please, look me in my eyes.", I said and Zayn looked in my eyes.

"Why did you pass out?", I asked because I knew Zayn knew why this happened.

"I don't know.", he replied.

"C'mon Zayn, we're alone now. You can tell me everything. I will try to help you, I promise. But I just can help you when you tell me what's wrong. We will find a way.", I tried to get Zayn's trust. I was worried since months about him and I didn't know what was wrong but I needed to know now.

"Well... I'm just tired of all these concerts. I really don't know why I passed out.", Zayn said with teary eyes. I hugged him. I believed him.

"Well, I think you don't want me to tell the boys but I think we should tell them.", I said and rubbed Zayn's back.

"No, please. I don't wanna bother the boys with my problems. They desevere to be happy.", Zayn protested.

"But that's something you can't manage on your own. In this situation you need people you love and who love you and I think these people are the boys. Zayn, please. We can make it but you can't make it on your own. If you want, I can tell the boys so you don't have to.", I said and tried to calm Zee down.

"Really? Could you tell the boys?", Zayn said and snuggled up to me.

"I can.", I nodded.

I left the room and went to the kitchen. There I found the others who were waiting.
"Hey, could you please come to Zayn's room?", I asked. The boys looked confused but then followed me to Zayn's room.

Zayn didn't cry anymore so the boys didn't notice anything.

"So what's wrong?", Liam now asked skeptical.

"Zayn asked me to tell you because he's a bit embarrassed.", I began to tell.
The boys just nodded. They were still confused.

"Well, I don't wanna tell you a big story or something. Zayn doesn't feel comfortable with performing anymore.", I said.
Now the boys became huge eyes. Harry sat down next to Zayn who hold a pillow against his chest.

"Zee, why?", Harry asked.
Zayn looked at his pillow.

"Harry... Zayn didn't ask without a reason that I should tell you. He really can't do this anymore. I think after his collapse we really should think about a little break. It doesn't have to be long but at least some weeks. Zayn can rest and maybe go to therapy, I don't know. But I don't wanna do this to Zayn anymore.", I explained.

"I think you're right. Zayn, we will try to help you. We're a family.", now Louis said something for the first time.

"We will take a break.", Harry said.

"Zayn, we will take a break and look that you will rest enough. Maybe we will look for a therapist, okay?", I summarized everything we said.

"Thank you, guys. I never thought you would understand.", Zayn whispered.

We all smiled and pulled into a group hug.

No one's pov:

Zayn really looked -with the boys- for a therapist and it really helped him. After 2 weeks without any concerts he felt so much better. The other boys were also rested, they needed the break too. Zayn continued to take some advice from his therapist.