Chapter 3

Vegas was looking at the mirror while he buttoned up his dark green silk shirt leaving the top three buttons undone like he always did. He turned the white gold chain necklace so it properly sat above his collarbones and took a deep breath while his lips moved into his customary smirk before he frowned and turned to grab his phone from the table in his study.

He put on his shoes and opened his door only to sharply turn and look towards the other side of the corridor that led to the master bedroom as he heard the raised voices. He grimaced as he hurried towards them, stepping into the study and grabbing Macau's arm to pull him away just as the woman was lifting his palm to strike.

"What are you doing?" asked Vegas coldly.

The woman looked at him, her young looking pretty face marred by an ugly grimace. She just opened her mouth to speak when her expression suddenly changed as another man walked into the study.

"Kan, your sons are harassing me again!"

The woman slowly walked to the older man to put her fingers on his chest while looking up at him with a pitiable face. Vegas saw how her eyes even shined from unshed tears as she spoke.

"I was just reading when they started to.."

"That's not true!" yelled Macau, stepping closer despite how Vegas tried to warn him by squeezing his fingers on his arm "I was studying when she..."

"I don't have time for this." interjected Kan with a harsh frown. "Pim, I scheduled the usual spa for you while I'm away."

His voice was a little gentler as he slid his palm down the woman's arm and pushed her towards the door. She nodded with a sweet smile on her face as she walked out, her high heels clicking along the corridor. Kan waited until he heard the door closed at the top of the stairs before he stepped closer and grabbed Vegas by his tick necklace pulling him closer. He glanced at Macau for a moment as the younger unconsciously reached out to help his brother, his gaze stopping him in his tracks.

"Don't shame me during the meeting, am I clear?" asked Kan coldly, his eyes moving back to Vegas.

"Yes, papa." said Vegas, his voice calm despite how his necklace was pinching into the back of his neck.

"Macau?"

"Yes." muttered the younger, looking away.

Kan took a deep breath while straightening and letting Vegas go then turned and walked out of the room leaving his sons alone in the study. Vegas took a step closer to his brother the same time Macau was reaching for him, his palms stopping at his elbow, his head lowered as the other petted his short hair at the back of his skull.

"I really was studying." muttered Macau.

"I know." Vegas glanced at the books on the table then back at his brother "I told you that you should stay in your room when the bitch is here."

"I thought she already left..."

Vegas just nodded, sliding his hands down to Macau's shoulder and durning him towards the corridor so they could leave too.

Kan was standing next to his car with its side door already open, glaring at him when they emerged from the house. Vegas hurried his steps to the second car watching as the first car already started to roll out of the underground garage just when Macau slid into his seat.

Vegas tried to listen to his brother as he talked about some kind of game he played in the last days with his online friends but his thoughts were on the meeting and how he needed to act to be able to keep up the appearances their father wanted to maintain.

His eyes slid over the bodyguards standing at attention at the building entrance as they arrived. Macau nodded at him as they separated on the ground floor as only the older son was required to attend the monthly meetings.