Chapter 6

Porchay lifted the array of papers on his desk then opened the book next to it to see if the thing holding it half closed was the phone he was searching for. He just closed it once again when he saw the highlighter and turned to lift his sweater from the back of the chair, dropping it on the floor when he couldn't feel the weight of the missing device in it.

Ha stepped over to his bed throwing his pillows on the floor then walking to the corner to the armchair and pulling off his pile of clothes from it but there was still no sign of the phone.

He grimaced as he padded out to the living room and looked at the coffee table before lifting the throwing pillows on the couch. He pulled off the blanket placed on top of the seats then huffed and turned around to walk to the right door at the ground floor. He opened it without stopping, frowning when he found it empty.

"Mac, did you see my phone?" yelled Chay looking around.

He looked towards the half open sliding door to the backyard thinking the other would be out there so he was a little startled when the bathroom opened behind him and Macau walked out only wearing his briefs while towelling his hair.

"Maybe you left it on the bed."

He walked over to said bed and pulled on the cover leaning forward to grab the device when it slid out from a fold in the fabric. He turned around and held out the phone for the other to take without lifting his head, his eyes half covered by the towel. He threw his head back to be able to see when Chay didn't take it.

Chay stood frozen since the other came out from the bathroom, his eyes glued to Macau's skin, following the last drops of water moving down his back as he walked to the bed then sliding to his muscular torso when he turned around.

"Hey, Chay, your phone." said Macau, pushing the device towards him making him startle.

"Thanks." said the other, looking down as he tried to fight the blush climbing up his face.

He silently watched as the older man finished towelling his hair then stepped over to his gardrobe to grab a pair of dark blue pants, jumping into them before putting on a red shirt not caring how the fabric stuck to his wet skin right away. He grimaced a little and looked at his right arm to roll up his short sleeve so it wasn't pushing on the Saniderm bandage over his new tattoo.

"Are you going out?" asked Porchay when he saw the other grab his wallet and phone from his desk.

"To the range. Do you wanna come with me?"

"Isn't it a little late for that?" the younger bit his lips, thinking about it.

"We would be there just for half an hour then meet my friends to try out the new laser tag place that opened not far from it."

Porchay looked down at the floor feeling a little sad. He had nothing against Macau's friends, they were just a little bit too loud and hyperactive for him. When he hung out with them he always felt like a little brother tagging along with his older ones even if he wasn't the youngest of the group.

"I think I will just stay here and watch a series or something."

"Well my brother is in his room if you get too bored." said Macau with a smile.

"I wouldn't brother P'Vegas." replied Chay with slightly widened eyes.

"He told you many times to just call him Vegas." Macau patted the other on his shoulder as he stepped around him to leave the room. "It's been two years already. How much longer do you need to live here to get used to him?"

"Your brother is just... very ..." Chay whispered as he padded after the other out to the living room.

"Yeah I know, but he wouldn't harm a..." Macau almost finished the phrase then stopped himself when he remembered that he indeed saw his brother kill off multiple insects as they came into their home. It was beside the point that he knew that Vegas wasn't afraid to use a gun or a knife on humans either if it was needed. "Well he wouldn't hurt you."