prove it

The couple walk into headquarters having stayed up the previous night investigating arsonists.

"Carter, Kelly" the man greets, "these arsons we've been fighting, M.O. matches up with John Westminster, that's a guy that my dad helped put away a few years back" kelly explains, "yeah, yeah, big John, I remember, so?" the man asks, "so I called DOC, and it turns out he was released from prison a month ago, right before the fires started" carter explains, "so you think he's looking to settle the score with Benny by coming after you? but why would he come after Carter as well?" the man asks, "I think it's worth looking into and we figured he wouldn't settle for just me he's after someone important in my life" kelly explains, "sure, anything for Benny Severide's kid and his girlfriend" the man agrees.

The two head into work and go about sorting the equipment in the squad when shay catches them.

"Hey" shay says, "hey" kelly greets, "so the management company called to remind us that the new tenants are gonna move in on the 16th" shay explains, "yeah, Carter and I can finish packing up this weekend" kelly says, "so does that mean you got the arsonist handled?" shay asks, "we just explained our suspicion a few hours ago" carter explains, "give us a break, okay?" kelly asks, the two head in to the common room to get food, "any update on Heather's friend Jen?" kelly asks, "still in critical condition" matt reports, "Casey, how are the boys?" shay asks, "as far as they know, mom's on a trip, hopefully they'll be home soon, If it hadn't been for her, they'd have shown up to school an hour late wearing pyjamas" matt explains, "yeah, that smelled like beer" gabby asks, "Gabby saves the day once again" carter praises her friend, the alarm blares a moment later, "truck 81, squad 3, engine 51, ambulance 61, multi-vehicle accident, interstate 90 at the Eisenhower expressway" the alarm announces.

The crew pull up to the scene seeing an over turned mobile home.

"Hey! Hey, over here! over here!" a man calls causing the crew to walk towards him, "hey, just before the house went over, I saw a motorcycle passing on the right" the man explains, carter spots the wheel of the motorcycle sticking out from underneath the mobile home, "go" boden instructs, kelly gets down, "sir?" kelly calls out gaining no response he slides his hand under to check the pulse, "I can feel his leg, just not a pulse" kelly reports, "all right, get us some cribbing and air bags, we need to lift and stabilize this home" carter orders, "you got it" capp confirms, a man's groan catches the two's attention, "Boden, you hear that?" kelly asks, "Otis, Mouch, grab us a ladder, there's someone else inside" kelly radios, "copy" otis responds as the rest of squad carry the cribbing and airbags over getting to work in placing them when otis and mouch bring the ladder over.

"Strand, Severide, where do you want it?" otis asks, "guys, right there" carter instructs pointing at the best spot, "Clarke, follow us" kelly instructs as he climbs the ladder with carter following behind, kelly opens the door and peers in, "located the victim, send us up 2 lines" kelly instructs, tony carries the lines up handing them to each lieutenant, carter quickly attaches the line to her harness, "all right, I'm on line" carter says as she hops in to the mobile home, kelly following suit, "all right, going down" kelly reports, "what have you got, Strand, Severide?" bodens voice comes over the radio as carter looks at the injured man, "he's in bad shape, we need to find a way to get him out of here quick" carter reports, kelly pulls one of the cabinets open and peers in before looking up, "Clarke send down a sawzall, then bring the stokes basket" kelly instructs, "got it" clarke confirms, clarke sends the sawzall down and kelly gets to work cutting through the pipes blocking entry to the back of the cabinet as clarke sends the stokes basket down just as he joins the two, kelly cuts through the back of the cabinet and rips the piece of wood out which exposes the man's face, "found the owner of the boot, the other victim's trapped beneath em, we need those air bags now!" carter says as she passes kelly a c-collar which he puts on the victim, clarke kicks a cabinet out the way, "air bags are up, motorcyclist's legs should be free, lieutenants" capp says, clarke and kelly get the stokes basket in place and carter joins the two at the cabinet, "one, two, three, up!" carter instructs, the three lift the man up and place him on the stokes basket, "all right, guys, get ready to lift him up" carter shouts up, the scene is cleared and both victims from the motorcycle are taken to hospital.