ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

❀❀❀❀❀
The walk back to the school was extremely awkward. The two didn't know what to say to each other, just hoping that the school would finally get into their sight so they could say their goodbyes. Both of them were still a bit red and would get flustered when having eye contact.

'This is so awkward. In books, the characters weren't this shy afterwards...' (Y/n) thought, kicking away a small rock that was in her way. "Soo..." She began but trailed off again, looking at the street next to her in silence. 'D-mmit, why is this so hard?'

"Umm... Did... Did you like the store...?" Hifumi asked, clearing his throat in a pathetic attempt to get the nervousness out of his voice. Of course, he had failed miserably. But why would the Ultimate Dealer care? She herself wasn't better at that moment, she was more than just nervous.

"I... Uhh... It definitely was something new for me to see... I don't know anything about the anime and manga scene..." She quietly rambled, growing redder with each word that came out of her mouth. "I see... I didn't know that at all, thanks for sharing something like that with me-!"

Mentally, Hifumi facepalmed. 'Did I really just say that? Of course I know that she doesn't know anything about it! Why would I tell her something as stupid as that? If I don't keep my big mouth shut, (y/n) will think about us once more and maybe break it off!'

While the Ultimate Fanfic Creator was busy scolding himself, he didn't notice the big tree he was heading for, until it was too late. He only noticed a massive pain in his forehead before stumbling back and landing on the ground, staying there, without planning to get up.

"Oh my god, are you okay, Hifumi?!" The (h/c) haired female called out, obviously worried about her brand-new boyfriend. "You have to be more careful when walking!" She felt slightly bad. She too was buried deep in her thoughts, so she didn't notice him walking towards the tree.

"Yes, I think I'm okay..." He mumbled, dreamily staring up at her as she kneeled down next to him. "How much badly does your forehead hurt? Should we get some ice when we get back? Or do you want it to be checked out by a doctor? It was quite the collision!"

Because of the hard impact - or him being absolutely lovestruck -, the brown haired male couldn't hear a thing that she was saying. All he could do was watch her (l/c) lips form the sentences, admiring her beauty while he was at it. "Yes, I understand..." He then just mumbled.

"What do you mean 'I understand'?! That wasn't a question suited for that kind of answer! Come on, get up from the dirty floor already!" Sighing in frustration, the Ultimate Gambler grabbed his hand, which only made him sink deeper into his thoughts about her. 'Her hand is so warm...!'

"Hifumi, we don't have time for this! Do you want me to call an ambulance? You can't even get up on your own!" Hearing her getting so worried, he quickly jumped to his feet. "No, we won't need an ambulance! I'm so sorry for startling you!" He bowed to her.

"It's fine. Why are you coming closer?" (Y/n) had no intention of pushing him away when he came closer and gave her a cute little peck on the lips. 'Oh, that felt really nice!' She thought, looking up at him and blushing slightly. But just slightly.
❀❀❀❀❀