Chapter 8:New Acquaintance

[Elaine's POV]

As a few moments of silence passed I spoke up "How would an A.I become that?"I asked Caine

"Well...We have an organic tissue reconstructor at our medical bay maybe she made her body there?"Caine said to me uncertain.

Then the A.I Eather spoke up "Yup! Smart as always Caine"She said while hugging Caine's arm.....Why do I feel.... Uncomfortable.

"Well you brought your new family here so that they can look around right?"Eather asked Caine "Yeah and-"Before Caine can finish his sentence Eather cut him off"Great! I'll have some of the Mom's give them a tour around".

"Wait what are these Mom's?"I asked Caine"Well they stand for-"Before Caine can answer me properly Eather cut him off again"Just know that they will be your babysitter so you won't"She stopped at her sentence and looked at me and Mom and Dad.

"Break anything"They said as they drag Caine away"Um!See you guys later!"Caine yelled to us while being dragged away.

Then a bunch of robots showed up and urged us to follow them.We followed them after a few moments of convincing is that they will not hurt us "I hope your going to be alright Caine"I said to myself walking with the robots.

[Caine's POV]

After being dragged far enough from my family Esther let's me go "Alright were alone tell me what's the problem?"I said to her "Always quick to pick up on things as always"She turned around as she finished saying that.

"That's why I'm always interested in you"She said cheekily"Ever since the bunker's "special" camouflage system was disabled the area around the mountain has become active"She informed me as we enter the command room.

"Look"She says as she typed a few things on the computer's,She showed me multiple pictures of a construction site near the base of the mountain "What are they doing?"I asked her.

"There building new attractions including an amusement park"She said "As long as they don't discover the base let them be...Also why did you type on the computer? You could've just thought of what to do instead of doing it"I said to her.

"W-well I wanted you to see that I was doing something so you won't just stand there"She said "Alright I get it,Also nice thinking"I gave her a thumbs up.

"What do you mean?"She said "Well since you have a body of a wolf girl even if someone gets to the base no one will think your suspicious and just think you'll be just here by coincidence"I said to her grinning.

I continued "And you can use that opportunity to deal with them"I finished "W-what No!"She yelled and I was confused "What do you mean no?"I asked.

"I was serious when I said that I made this body so that you can take me out...on..a...date"She was getting embarrassed at the last part,Then it hit me,Eather is an advance self learning A.I.....and she has developed emotions.

"O-oh...really?"I said now embarrassed for what I said earlier"Yeah..."We stood there awkwardly with every passing second it felt like an eternity.

ALERT ALERT ALERT ALERT

I heard her said "Eather what's wrong?" I said to her calmly,Thank fully the alarm made the awkwardness go away but not so much because of what it means."It appears that animals from the company that the construction site owns are going deeper through the mountain"She informs me.

"Okay.As long as there-"She cut me off before I could finish "They also have what it seams like 21st century military technology. Which includes mortars, grenade launchers, experimental combat drones and experimental robots and mech"
She finished.