Fifty-Two

In her office, Magenta keeps herself busy until it's time for her meeting to start

In her office, Magenta keeps herself busy until it's time for her meeting to start. There's nothing she hates more than being confined to an office space, but it's one of those days where she has to sit through meetings with her artists. It's about to be the end of the year, so things need to be wrapped up before the holiday.

The tv on the wall catches her attention. It's on the news for background noise and the upcoming story is about her brother, Choice.

While they were all in Jamaica, the police were searching Choice's million dollar home in Katy. They didn't find anything such as a potential murder weapon. They also searched his cultivation warehouse in Austin. What lead them there?

The man on the screen currently being interviewed. It's an employee of a cleaning and maintenance company that comes in monthly to clean the incinerators at Choice's warehouse.

Back in August the man found human remains in the incinerator. He quietly reported it, and investigators had been looking into it. There's so many people who work at Choice's cultivation center they couldn't blame anyone without a plausible reason. They've slowly been looking into it and questioning employees there.

The man from the maintenance company tells his account to a camera crew... "I saw ash and something that looked like bones inside the incinerator. There was a funny smell. Like rotting. It wasn't nice."

"Why does a Cannabis cultivation center have an incinerator?" The news anchor asks.

"Cannabis growers have to work with a licensed incineration company or use a specialized incinerator to destroy their waste. Burning marijuana can potentially create a biohazard effect into the air. It has to be disposed of properly. So, I come in monthly to make sure their incinerator is working and getting rid of waste. Usually, the incinerator's used for roots, stalks, leaves, and stems that turn to black ash. Something looked off, so I called the police."

The news anchor comes on screen to say, "The burned remains are believed to be Bashir Bleak, Tyquan White, Yusef Gray, Harris Granbury, and Quincy Young. The five men went missing in August. What was found in the incinerator are too charred to be identifiable by their DNA."