Frost

"Come on just one little icicle straight through her thigh won't kill her." The voice in my head said.

"Frost, stop. We don't use the powers and they stay hidden." I said to her in my head. These conversations were normal with my other, evil half...Frost as she wished to be called after I refused to call her Ice Queen. I never really knew where she came from just that I had this power since I was a kid and even that was fuzzy.

"Aspen...please she is being a bitch." Frost asked and I groaned feeling my hands started to get cold. I was working in the flower shop I owned. The customer thanks me for my help and left with her purchase.

"Frost stop, now. No one is getting hurt." I said to her and my hands calmed down.

"You need a new job where you don't deal with assholes." Frost grumbled and I sighed.

"You're telling me." I said to her and then I sighed out loud.

"That bad of a day?" I heard a voice ask and I turned to see someone standing there at the counter with a bunch of flowers.

"Just voices in the head thinking they know better." I said and laughed and the guy laughed with me.

"Shut it bitch." I heard Frost say and I just smiled at the counter.

"Flowers for someone special?" I asked as I wrapped them up for him.

"Yeah my wife Pepper, I think I'm in the doghouse and I thought I could stop here on the way home." He said and I laughed.

"Flowers are always a good start but maybe pick up her favorite take out too." I said and he smiled.

"Thanks for the tip...." He asked searching for a name tag.

"Aspen." I said and he smiled.

"Nice to meet you Aspen and again thanks for the tip." He said and I nodded.

"No problem Mr. Stark." I said and he shook his head.

"You knew who I was?" Tony asked and I nodded.

"I did, kind of hard to miss who you are." I said as he paid for the flowers and I ran his credit card. Once the transaction was done he smiled.

"Have a nice day." I said and he smiled and walked out.

"I liked him but we don't like Iron Man so ice blast!" Frost yelled and I shot my hand down to the floor and ice hit the floor and I noticed no one else saw. I heard Frost laughing.

"Damn it Frost stop! The avengers have done nothing to us. They don't even know about you." I said grabbing a small shovel to break up the ice. I had become accustomed to keeping it around.

"Ice blast problem?" I heard a voice ask and I looked up to see my friend Lucy ask. She was the only friend I trusted with my secret since she saw it firsthand soon after we met. I got angry around her and shot an icicle through the room landing in the wall. I had known Lucy for a few years now so all of this was still semi-new to her.

"Yeah well a customer riled her up and then Tony Stark came in and she wanted to kill Iron Man." I said and Lucy sighed.

"There is no way to control her while you work?" Lucy asked a question she asked a million times.

"Unless I figure out how to get rid of her, no there is no way." I said.

"You love me, you don't want me gone." Frost said in a cutesy voice.

"If I could kill you without killing myself I would." I said to her in my head.

"Let's try that theory." Frost said.

"Uh...Pen...your hands." Lucy's voice pulled me from my head conversation and I said the cold steam

rising my hands and I took a couple of deep breaths to calm down.

"What did she do?" Lucy asked and I shook my head.

"Just contemplating if I can kill her without killing myself." I said and Lucy sighed.

"Pen, come on. I know it sucks but...." Lucy was saying.

"Sucks? Sucks Luc?! I can't get too angry or she shows up! I can't even date in fear if sleeping with a guy and sending ice through him! You don't know how I'm feeling. There have been so many times I could have just said fuck it and sent an icicle through my own heart but I don't! I can't even think about it and what it would do to people." I said and I started crying. Lucy knew she was taking a risk since my emotions we high but she came over and hugged me. I wrapped my arm around her and hugged her back.

"Grow up bitch." I heard Frost say and I ignored her. I calmed myself down and pulled away from Lucy.

"Let me close up and then let's go get dinner." I said and Lucy said and he helped me finish cleaning up and we left the flower shop and I locked up. We walked down the street to a little bistro we loved and sat down.

"So this no dating thing...." Lucy said after we ordered and I sighed.

"Yeah well it hard to explain her to guys after a couple of dates. She likes to try and take out every guy. I just wish I could find a guy and she would hide from him for a while." I said. I waited for her smart remark but I got nothing and I sighed with a smile.

"She quiet?" Lucy asked and I nodded.

"Finally." I said and Lucy smiled. I got to finally sit and have dinner with my friend and not fight off a voice the entire night. Once I got home though she started.

"Did you enjoy dinner without me interrupting?" Frost asked.

"I did, thank you but what do you want?" I asked in my head like usual as I sat on my couch.

"I want to blast something. I have pent up anger." Frost said.

"No we don't." I answered her.

"You don't, I do!" She growled at me and I groaned.

"Fine, we will go to the woods tomorrow." I said giving in.

"Can we go somewhere else? The woods suck. All I can hit are trees." Frost said.

"Exactly the point. Where do you want to shoot off Times Square?" I ask being sarcastic.

"YES! Let's see how fast everyone can run!" Frost said and laughed.

"Woods Frost, that's it. You know the deal. I let you out where no one is around." I said and she groaned but didn't argue anymore.

"Now can you let me sleep tonight?" I asked and she groaned.

"Fine. Your nights are boring any ways." Frost says.

"Yeah because I can't have a personal life thanks to you." I said.

"Calm down, maybe if you met a good guy I would take a backseat." Frost said.

"Yeah...I won't hold my breath." I said and the Frost shut up and I felt a sense of relief.