Kingdom of Isolation

It had been a couple days since Frost had gone rogue and she was still on punishment. I was working in the shop and was overly busy and by myself. I looked at the calendar and groaned knowing it was the day I was supposed to deliver flowers to the Avengers Tower, but I wasn't going to make it. I pulled out Tony's file and called his cellphone number he left on file.

"Stark." He said answering his phone.

"Yes Mr. Stark this is Aspen from the flower shop." I said.

"Oh hey Aspen, again please just call me Tony. Am I getting my lovely flowers today?" Tony asked and I sighed.

"Actually I'm very busy today and have a couple orders to fulfill along with yours and I wont be able to deliver them today. I am so sorry. I can refund you this weeks order money if you would like." I said. I heard Tony laugh on the other end of the line and it did put me a little at ease.

"Nonsense, you have a business to run and are busy. If you can still make the arrangements I can have someone come down and pick them up of that's okay?" Tony asked and I smiled.

"Yes that would be fine. The arrangements are next on my list so they will be ready in about 2 hours." I said.

"Perfect, I will send someone down there." Tony said.

"Thank you so much Tony. Again I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's okay. Everyone had a job." Tony said and we both hung up.

"I wonder what avenger is coming?" I heard Frost speak up.

"Nothing said it's an avenger, could be like an assistant."

"But what if it is an avenger?" Frost asked.

"You fucking behave. I'm too busy to worry about you." I said. She started humming. "Frost, I swear to god! I don't have time for Let It Go so stop it!"

🎵Ice, ice baby, too cold
Ice, ice baby, too cold, too cold
Ice, ice baby, too cold, too cold🎵

"Really, now you go Ice Ice Baby? What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked and she snickered. Even I had to smile at her song selection.

"Classics always work." Frost said and I slightly shook my head and just went to work as Frost would periodically break in with a little verse from a song. She got annoyed when I would start singing along only I was singing out loud which was fine because no one was in the store.

"Okay listen, I have a song we can both sing and it's one of our old favorites." I said and she sighed. I put it over the speakers in the store and Frost screamed in excitement. I started singing while putting flowers together.

🎵Look at me now
Won't you listen to my heart?
For cryin' out loud
I've been standing in the dark
I want someone
To show me the way
I'm lost on a lonely road
There must be a light, at the end of the tunnel
Before I go outta control
I wanna fall in love
I wanna feel that rush
Runnin' into my heart
Shakin' up my soul
Feelin' like I never felt before
I wanna fall in love
I wanna feel that touch
I've only dreamed about it
Been livin' without it
And that ain't good enough
I wanna fall in love
Somewhere out there
Someone else is searching
Like me
And I know he must be hurting
Maybe tonight
He's walkin' down
The same road I been taking
And we'll meet up
Without even talkin'
And he'll know what I'm saying
I wanna fall in love
I wanna feel that rush
Runnin' into my heart
Shakin' up my soul
Feelin' like I never felt before
I wanna fall in love
I wanna feel that touch
I've only dreamed about it
Been livin' without it
And that ain't good enough
I wanna fall in love
Maybe tonight
He's walkin' down
The same road I been taking
And when we'll meet up
Without even talkin'
And he'll know what I'm saying
I wanna fall in love
I wanna feel that rush
Runnin' into my heart
Shakin' up my soul
Feelin' like I never felt before
I wanna fall in love
I wanna feel that touch
I've only dreamed about it
Been livin' without it
And that ain't good enough
I wanna fall in love🎵

Once I was done singing someone started clapping and walking away from where he was standing. I looked at saw Steve walking up to the counter.

"Steve." I said in shock.

"Hey." Steve said and smiled. "I didn't know this was your place when Tony sent me I swear." Steve said and I shook my head.

"I figured you didn't. I didn't give you any info on myself that day." I said and Steve half nodded. He smiled and I heard Frost in my head stuttering and speaking gibberish unable to handle this man. I was having a hard time containing myself from laughing at her. I went into my head for a quick second.

"Stop drooling Frost." I said.

"Fuck this man, right now! I will behave I swear to god just take him right here and now!" Frost said and I ignored her.

"So you are here for Tony's flowers?" I asked and he nodded.

"I am. Although now that I see you here I can't help but think this is fate." Steve said and I sighed.

"Steve..." I said.

"I was worried abut you after that morning. I mean you were walking just fine then passed out." Steve said and I sighed.

"Low blood sugar." I said.

"When I passed you I could have sworn I saw ice blue eyes." Steve said.

"Steve, that sounds insane. You know that right?" I asked.

"He liked my eyes?! Let's show him again!" Frost said.

"NO!" I yelled to her.

"Steve please understand I'm fine okay?" I said.

"I just care Aspen." Steve said and placed his hand on mine that was on the counter. I smiled at him and then removed my hand discreetly from under his.

"Let me get you Tony's order." I said and walked to the back counter. Once I brought the flowers back to him I put them on the counter. 

"Thanks." Steve said and I nodded. I heard Steve sighed and then groan. "Okay I'm just coming right out and going to ask. Aspen, would you like to get coffee with me sometime, or maybe even lunch?" Steve asked and I knew exactly what I wanted to say, I also knew what Frost wanted me to say, in fact she sang her answer to me and busting out Taylor Swift was not fair.

🎵Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince, and I'll be the princess
It's a love story, baby, just say yes🎵

I smiled at Steve. "I'm sorry Steve, I can't. Listen, it's super sweet of you to ask but I just need you know there are things in my life that don't really allow me to have a normal life and I don't want to put you through that." I explained and he just sighed and then smiled.

"You can't blame a guy for trying." Steve said and huffed a laugh.

"ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! THAT MAN IS ONE HOT PIECE OF ASS! AMERICAS ASS TO BE PRECISE." Frost screamed as me and I knew she was going to make me pay for this.

"I'm really sorry Steve." I said.

"Don't worry about it, it's no big deal. But Aspen, everyone has a past and issues in their lives. You have to let people in eventually." Steve said and I half nodded. He grabbed the flowers and left.

"You are so fucking stupid! I promised you if you found a guy that seemed good for you I would take a back seat. I would take a back seat for him Aspen!" Frost said upset.

"Problem is Frost, you never do. You always work your way out." I said. "And what about hi being an avenger...the lead avenger it seems like half the time."

"Blah blah blah, maybe I judged the avengers too much." Frost said.

"And what happens if we get in an uncomfortable situation with them and you show up. Here we come looney bin!" I said and she growled at me.

"Shit..." I knew what was coming.

🎵Let it go!
Let it go!
Can't hold it back anymore
Let it go!
Let it go!
Turn away and slam the door
I don't care
What they're going to say
Let the storm rage on
The cold never bothered me anyway🎵