Let's Get Ready for A Party

It had been a few weeks since my first date with Steve and he had been coming by the shop almost every day. I was making my usual flower delivery to the compound and when I walked in I saw a lot of things going on. Steve met me at the door, he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"Tony is throwing a party in a couple days." Steve said and rolled his eyes and I huffed.

"Not thrilled?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Never really care for them. I mean it's the team and some other people Tony invited, other agents and people." Steve said and I nodded. He helped me carry the flowers into the sitting room where Tony and everyone was.

"Aspen!" Tony said overly excited and I looked at Steve.

"Tony!" I said meeting his enthusiasm, he laughed.

"Are you coming to the party?" Tony asked as he took the flowers from me.

"I wasn't invited." I said and Tony looked at Steve.

"You didn't invite this lovely young lady to be your date for that night?" Tony asked and Steve sighed.

"Tony, I told you I'm not coming." Steve said and Tony shook his head.

"Yes you are, its mandatory." Tony said and Steve sighed.

"Tony..." Steve said.

"Come on Steve, it could be fun and if you don't invite Aspen soon, I'm going to." Sam said and I laughed and looked at Steve.

"Either invite me Rogers or I go with Sam. It's clear Tony wants me there." I said and Steve groaned but smiled.

"If you are insistent on coming to the party it will be with me." Steve said and I smiled at him.

"Perfect!" Tony said excited. I looked at the time and groaned.

"I hate to run but I have a wedding to get flowers to." I said and Steve nodded and I waved to everyone as I walked out. Steve walked me to the door.

"You sure about this party?" Steve asked and I smiled.

"I'm sure Steve...don't you want me to come?" I asked and he sighed but nodded.

"I'm not trying to hide you Penny." Steve said and placed a hand on my cheek.

"Never said you were but we never put a label on what we are and if you bring me to this party, people will ask." I said and he sighed.

"I know, I didn't know of you wanted a label..." Steve said and I smiled shaking my head placing my arms around his neck as his went around my waist.

"Everyone who dates wants a label Rogers." I said and he smiled.

"Penny...would you like the label of girlfriend?" Steve asked and I acted like I was thinking about it." I said and he laughed.

"I would love it." I said and he smiled. "Does that make you automatically my boyfriend or do I have to ask you?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Automatically happened." Steve said. He leaned in and it seemed like he was about to kiss me when my cellphone went off.

"Shit..." I said and Steve smiled at me.

"Language sweetie." Steve said and I smiled. He had said this to me a few times. I sighed and got out of his grip.

"That's the shop calling me, I really gotta go." I said and Steve smiled.

"Call you tonight?" Steve asked verifying.

"You better." I said and walked out of the compound.

"A Tony Stark party! Hell yeah!" Frost said and I groaned.

"You and I need to have a serious talk later about this party and your involvement." I said and she groaned.

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

Later that night I was trying on the dress Lucy had gone and bought me while I worked. I knew the blue to white design down the dress was little joke from her about Frost.

 I knew the blue to white design down the dress was little joke from her about Frost

"Hey so we need to talk." I said to Frost.

"What?"

"Listen tomorrow is going to be a lot. Possibly worse than the times square date. I need you to really, really keep your emotions in check please." I said.

"I told you I would take a backseat now that you have Steve and I have." Frost said.

"I know you have and I thank you for that so much but I just need this to be a perfect night tomorrow night. I don't need you making an appearance. Bucky is the only one that knows and I don't want to explain to everyone else who you are before I get to tell Steve alone." I explained.

"When are you going to tell Steve about me?" Frost asked.

"I was thinking this weekend I would take him shooting with us. Have him bring the shield for protection." I said and Frost got very giddy.

"Well I think I can control myself enough not to hurt Steve." Frost said.

"Let's hope."