Back Again

"Okay now you know the rules. Trees, stumps and shrubs only. Also, when I say done, we are done and you go back." I said and she sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah I know. Come on let me out of the cage." She said and I sighed.

"Fine. Full blown out." I said and relaxed my body as I felt the chill take over. My eyes turned ice blue and glow, my light brown hair turned stark white with a little silver and blue shimmer to it. I put my hand palms facing down and the ice tipped fingers appears and I smiled as I started shooting icicles and crystals towards the trees around me. After about an hour I was sitting on the ground and was wore out.

"Done." I said and Frost groaned.

"Fine." She said and my hair switched back and my eyes stopped glowing. Once I regained some strength I looked around at the ice sticking out of trees and sighed. I didn't care about trying to hide them no one ever came here. I remembered I was always brought here to let off steam as a kid. I just wished I could remember everything, like how this happened to me. I walked out of the woods and back to where I parked my car when my cellphone rang.

"Hello?" I answered getting in my car.

"So I showed up at your apartment with breakfast and coffee and you aren't even here. I know the shop is closed today so where are you?" Lucy asked and I sighed.

"Leaving the woods. According to Frost last night she had some pent-up anger." I said.

"I feel better now." I heard her say and it made me almost laugh out loud.

"She said she feels better." I said and Lucy laughed.

"Well when will you be home?" Lucy asked.

"About 15 minutes. Can you wait?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm already in your apartment." Lucy said and I knew she had a spare key.

"Nice, just break in with you key." I said and as I reached my car and I got inside.

"Yeah well I didn't know if you were sleeping so I let myself in. You really need to start telling me when you are going out to deal with Frost. Just in case..." Lucy said not finishing that sentence.

"In case she kills me? She knows better." I said and I heard her laugh in my head and I shook my head at her laugh. I started heading home.

"I will be home soon." I said.

"Okay be here waiting with coffee and breakfast." Lucy said and I hung up. I stopped at a redlight and got thinking.

"Frost we need to talk." I said in my head to her.

"What?" She asked annoyed.

"Did you mean what you said yesterday about finding a good guy and you would back off if I did?" I asked and he sighed.

"Yes, because no offense sweetie your needs are my needs and we need a man." She said and I knew what she meant. It had been years and I was getting desperate but knew finding the right guy would be a challenge.

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

A few days later I was working in the flower shop but I was having trouble controlling Frost, she was in a mood so I was working in the back of the shop and I had one of my workers out in the front. As I was making an arrangement she came walking to the back.

"Hey Pen, there is a customer out here asking for you." She said and I sighed.

"Be right out." I said and took a deep breath.

"You need to behave with whoever is out there please." I said in my head.

"Why?" Frost asked.

"Because I need to make money and you are making this harder with your attitude today so calm the hell down." I said and she groaned but went silent. I walked out and I saw him again and I smiled.

"Mr. Stark. Back again." I said and he smiled seeing me.

"Aspen, right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yeah." I said and he nodded.

"I just want to stop by and say thank you for the food tip the other night. I was clearly one foot in the doghouse but the flowers and food pulled me right back out." Tony said and I smiled.

"Well that makes me very happy." I said with a smile.

"Listen I was hoping I could set up some kind of weekly account where my wife gets flowers once a week delivered." Tony said and I sighed.

"We don't have a delivery service but I would be more than happy to run them to wherever you need them once a week." I said and she smiled.

"That would be perfect." Tony said and I gave him a piece of paper.

"If you know her favorite flowers write that down as well and also give me the address of where to take them." I said and he looked at me and smiled.

"It will be the Avengers compound." He said and I nodded.

"I half figured." I said and he laughed.

"Just give the gate your name and you will get right in." Tony said and I smiled.

"Perfect." I said and tony handed me that paper and I nodded.

"Would you like these to start next week?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yes on Wednesday if possible." Tony said and I nodded.

"Wednesday works." I said and Tony smiled.

"Thank you so much Aspen." Tony said and I smiled.

"Who should I say the flowers are for when I arrive you or...?" I asked and he smiled.

"Oh, her name is Pepper." He said and I nodded as I wrote that down.

"Okay perfect, first delivery on Wednesday." I said and he nodded and left. I put the paper in a file folder

on the back counter and then headed back to the back.

"Avengers Compound! It would be so easy to take them out!" Frost said excited.

"Stop! Why do you constantly want to take out the Avengers? They haven't harmed us." I said and he groaned.

"I don't like the do-good attitude." Frost said.

"You know, you could have a do-good attitude too if you tried hard enough." I said and she groaned.

"Too hard, I like being bad and a bitch. So a bad bitch." Frost said.

"Well bitch do me a favor and shut up for the rest of the day, you are giving me a migraine." I said and she laughed but shut up. I sighed and continued working know I would really have to find a way to keep Frost under control going to the Avengers Compound.