Do I Know You?

"So tonight you are letting me out?" Frost asked excited.

"Yes, no plans tonight so once I have dinner you are free to come out but we don't leave the apartment and we just hang out at home." I said and she sighed.

"You know if you would have agree to have lunch or coffee with Rogers, you would have had plans." Frost said.

"Shut it. Do you want to come out tonight or not?" I asked her.

"I really do! You promised." Frost said and just sighed.

"Don't make me regret it." I said as the door to the flower shop opened.

"ASPEN!!! IT'S HIM!!!!" Frost freaked out seeing one of the guys that walked in was James Barnes. He walked up to me at the counter and smiled.

"Aspen right?" James asked and I nodded.

"Yeah and James?" I asked and he nodded.

"You can call me Bucky. This is Sam." Bucky said introducing me to the guy he is with and I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you. What can I help you two with?" I asked and Sam shook his head.

"I'm here for moral support, he needs the help." Sam said pointing at Bucky. Sam laughed and clapped Bucky on the back and I smiled.

"What can I help you with?" I asked. He started talking about who the flowers were for and what kind he was looking for but Frost was screaming in my head.

"DAMNIT ASPEN LET ME OUT NOW! I NEED TO TALK TO HIM! I NEED TO ASK HIM! IF YOU DON'T LET ME OUT I WILL TAKE OVER!"

"Okay I think I have exactly what you are looking for. Why don't we go around the shop and you can point out to me what you think she would like and I can give you some ideas a long the way." I said and Bucky nodded as I ignored Frost. We walked through the store and he picked out flowers for the bouquet he got for Nat, the other girl I met the other day. As I was bundling the flowers together I looked up and noticed Bucky just looking at me.

"Aspen, if you love me at all, please ask him." Frost said and I just slight shook my head. I finished bunding so I handed Bucky the flowers as he paid.

"Thank you Aspen." Bucky said and I smiled.

"Can I ask you a question, before you go?" I asked Sam and Bucky. They both stopped.

"Yes! Ask him!" Frost said.

"Ask away." Sam said and I sighed.

"How is Steve?" I asked. They both gave me a small smile.

"You know he told us what happened when he asked you out." Sam said and I hung my head.

"See! Stupid!" Frost said and I groaned to myself.

"Listen guys, I didn't want to hurt him if I did..." I trailed off.

"He didn't understand especially you saying you have things that are hard to explain and understand in your life. You think Steve had it easy? I mean the man is over 100 years old and hasn't seem to age at all." Sam said and I smiled shaking my head.

"I just hope he understands that right now I need to get somethings straight. My answer wasn't no forever." I said and Bucky smiled.

"He will be happy to hear that." Bucky said and I smiled.

"Well please relay the message." I said and they nodded.

"Thanks for the help with the flowers." Bucky said and I nodded.

"No problem." I said and they went to walked out.

"You are an idiot, ASK HIM." Frost said.

"Bucky..." I said and he stopped.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Odd question but...do I know you?" I asked him and he just looked at me. I could tell he was searching my face and eyes for something.

"No, sorry I don't think I do. Only from that first meeting with Tony." Bucky said and I nodded.

"Okay sorry, thanks." I said and he walked out.

*****BUCKY POV*****

After I gave Nat her flowers and asked her out on a date for that night which she accepted I went to talk to Steve. I knocked on his bedroom door and I he looked up from his bed where he had a sketch pad on his lap and was drawing something.

"Hey, you and Nat going out tonight?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"Yeah finally getting a date with her. Missions have been insane lately." I said and Steve sighed.

"Um...I went to the flower shop and I saw Aspen." I said and Steve perked up. I had to hid my laughter.

"How is she?" Steve asked.

"She asked how you were." I said and Steve sighed.

"What did you tell her?" Steve asked

"Well we didn't tell her you were obsessing about her..." I said and Steve groaned turning his pad around to show me the picture of Aspen he was drawing.

"I can't get her out of my head Bucky." Steve said and I nodded.

"She wanted me and Sam to relay the message that her answer wasn't a forever no." I said and Steve smiled at me.

"Well that give me some kind of hope then." Steve said and I nodded. Steve then looked at me looking at the ground.

"What's up Bucky?" Steve asked.

"What? Oh...nothing." I said.

"Come on Buck, I have know you practically our whole lives, something is up. Spit it out." Steve said.

"She asked me if I knew her, like I should have." I said.

"Well..." Steve said and I sighed.

"You know I didn't think I did but I thought about it the whole way back and I think I do know her but I don't know from where." I said and Steve just looked at her.

"Did you ever date her?" Steve asked and I could tell even him asking this question hurt him,

"What?! No! Trust me that I would remember since there hasn't been anyone." I said and Steve huffed a laugh.

"So no clue?" Steve asked and I shook my head.

"Nope. Maybe I saved her in an attack or something..." I said and Steve shrugged.

"It will come to you eventually." Steve said and I nodded.

"Just if you did date her, don't tell me." Steve said and we both huffed a laugh.

"Got it." I said and went to walk away. As I walked to my room I knew I really needed to try and find spots from my past to see if Aspen was someone I actually did know. I needed to know if she was friend or foe. I didn't want Steve to get too involved if she was dangerous. I sighed and just went into my room and decided to get ready for my date.