Rogue

I woke up and was leaning against a tree trunk and I felt someone's hand on my cheek.

"Miss...are you awake?" I heard a voice say and I opened my eyes praying it was me showing.

"There she is." I heard Lucy said and I looked to see her standing over me and the guy crouched next to me.

"You okay?" He asked removing his hand from my cheek.

"Yeah I think so." I said and went to stand up but had no strength.

"Give yourself a minute." The guy said and I sighed.

"Lucy..." I said and she shook her head, I was asking if she knew when I changed back to me. I took a couple more breaths.

"I think I'm okay to get up." I said and the guy helped me stand up and I looked at him.

"Thanks Captain Rogers." I said and he blushed and hung his head.

"Steve is fine..." He said and I could tell he was wanting my name.

"Tell him your name crazy! He is hot!" Frost screamed in my head.

"You need to shut the fuck up, I'm done with you." I said to her.

"I'm Aspen." I spoke back up to Steve and shook his hand.

"You sure you're okay?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, must be low blood sugar, didn't eat much today." I said and looked at Lucy for help.

"Well why don't we go get you something to eat." She said and I nodded.

"Thanks again for your help and sorry to interrupt your run." I said as I turned to walk away quickly with Lucy.

"What the fuck is going on?" Lucy asked and I groaned.

"Frost thought she could take over. I got it back, but it took all my strength, hence the passing out." I said as we walked to her car. "I'm sorry I yelled for you to run. She was going out of control and I didn't know what she was capable of." I said and Lucy sighed.

"What is she doing now?" Lucy asked.

"Being silent because she knows I'm pissed. I did something for her and she went rogue." I said.

"Had she done it before?" Lucy asked.

"Once but she knows better." I said. We made it to Lucy's car.

"By the way, how did you find me?" I asked and she sighed.

"Steve found my number in your phone as your emergency contact." Lucy said and I sighed. Once we got in the car I sighed.

"Going to be silent for a minute, I need to talk to her." I said and Lucy nodded. I went into my head.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? And don't even think about fucking ignoring me." I said and I heard her groan.

"I just wanted answers and you weren't getting them." Frost said.

"So you go fucking rogue?! Do you know what would have happened if I hadn't taken over when I did? You were out in public, if you get seen we are taking and experimented on...do you want to be fucking locked in a cage?!" I yelled at her.

"No, not again." Frost said and I was taken aback.

"What do you mean again?" I asked and she sighed.

"I don't know what I mean, I just have a feeling of being locked away. You keep me locked away." Frost said and I groaned.

"Frost, I have to. I don't know where you come from and we know yours powers are too strong sometimes." I said and she sighed.

"Just we need to come to an understanding of more time for me please?" Frost asked.

"Yeah but after today, it's going to be awhile." I said. "And no more singing Let It Go, I will find a way to kill you if you do." I said and she sighed.

"I got it." Frost said and I went to go back to normal. "Aspen..." Frost said.

"Yeah?" I asked

"Steve Rogers was hot..." Frost said and I groaned.

"Yeah he is good looking..." I said.

"He is friends with Barnes..." Frost said.

"Stop it. We are not getting info from Rogers. We will most likely never see him again." I said and she sighed.

"Whatever." Frost said and she went silent and I left my head. I sighed and looked at Lucy.

"Okay, well she is quiet for now." I said and Lucy sighed.

"You okay?" Lucy asked.

"I was scared at what she was going to do but she was set to get info on Barnes." I said and Lucy looked at me oddly.

"Barnes? Who is Barnes?" Lucy asked.

"James Barnes, an avenger. Frost thinks he looked familiar. She is obsessed to get info." I said.

"Does he look familiar to you?" Lucy asked and I shook my head.

"No so it worries me slightly that someone looks familiar to her and not me. It's like a key to my past. The past I have no clue about." I said and Lucy said.

"I hate to say this honestly but maybe talking to him wont hurt." Lucy said and I groaned.

"So what do I do just walk up to him and be like Hi I'm Aspen and I have a voice in my head, her name is Frost and she takes over my body sometimes and she thinks she knows you, do you know us?" I said and Lucy asked.

"Well maybe not so bold. Just meet him somehow and see if he thinks he knows you." Lucy said and I sighed.

"I don't know I have seen him before and he didn't seem to notice us. Just have to play it all by ear and see what happened. It may be nothing." I said as we arrived at the restaurant to ear at.

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

I was laying in my bed that night just looking at the ceiling and Frost had been quiet since our talk earlier in the day.

"You miss me?" Frost asked and I huffed a laugh.

"I was just thinking you had been too silent." I said.

"I wanted to apologize." Frost said.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked and she grumbled.

"Don't be a smug bitch, Aspen. I'm apologizing." Frost said.

"Okay fine, what do you apologize for?" I asked.

"Everything. Starting with singing Frozen to taking control like I did." Frost said.

"Thank you." I said. I heard her sigh. "Yes?" I asked.

"Do you think...maybe sometime...even just in the apartment...I could come out. I don't need to shoot ice or anything I just want out." Frost asked and she could have been playing me but she seemed to small in asking this, small like a child.

"We will have to have a whole new set of ground rules but I think we can work something out." I said.

"Rules, rules, rules." Frost said in a mocking tone.

"I know, get over it." I said. "I want to go to bed can you let me sleep past 4am?" I asked.

"Yeah...you're safe. Good night Aspen." Frost said.

"Good night Frost." I said and drifted to sleep dreaming of Steve Rogers.