She's Not an Animal

I was sitting on the floor in the cell the next day reading a book, I had yet to see Steve. I had seen Bucky, Nat and Tony.

"Does he want us to be over?" Frost asked.

"I don't know, you tried to kill him so..." I replied.

"Yeah, I know...not my finest hour." Frost said and I sighed. I heard the door open and I looked up and saw Tony come walking in and smiled at me.

"Hey." He said and I gave a small smile.

"Come to look at the caged animal again?" I asked and he sighed.

"I don't like this Aspen but I don't have a choice." Tony said and I sighed.

"Listen, I talked to Frost, it won't happen again. She thought she was protecting me. She was scared." I said and Tony sighed.

"Being around here things like that can happen all the time." Tony said and I nodded

"If you just let me go Tony, I will leave and just go about my life...like I have my entire life." I said and Tony sighed.

"And do you think something like this wont happen again? What happens if you are out in public and get scared?" Tony asked and I said.

"I've dealt with it is this long haven't I?" I asked aggravated and Tony sighed.

"I'm sorry Aspen." Tony said and walked away. I pulled my knees to my chest, resting my forehead against my knees and just started crying.

*****TONY POV*****

I walked back upstairs and everyone was sitting around in silence.

"How is she?" Bucky asked me.

"Wanting to be let out." I said.

"So let her out!" Sam said.

"I can't do that Sam, no matter how much I hate seeing her upset." I said.

"Tony, she feels bad for what happened, she wont let it happen again. You need to let her out. She isn't an animal!" Bucky said getting pissed.

"And I let her out, what do I do if she let's Frost out again. I can't release snowflake out on the world." I said and Bucky perked up.

"What did you just call her?" Bucky asked.

"Snowflake. One of my special names like I give to everyone, sorry." I said and Bucky instantly got up and rushed down to the containment area.

*****NORMAL POV*****

I was crying when I heard the door open again. I lifted my head and wiped away my tears when I saw Bucky. He was just looking at me sympathetically.

"Snowflake...." Bucky said and I hung my head.

"I didn't know Bucky, it was a missing memory."

"But you do now?!" Bucky said a little upset.

"Crap..." Frost said.

"Listen, right before I woke up in here I had a dream, flashback maybe and I saw everything through Frost eyes. I was in fighting you, I sent icicles through your legs just because you were beating the shit out of me. I didn't know the relationship you and Frost had before all of this I swear I wouldn't have kept it from you if I remembered." I said and Bucky sighed.

"What do we do about this? I have Nat, you have....-" Bucky started to say.

"No one, I have no one." I said and Bucky sighed.

"Steve, you have Steve." Bucky said and I shook my head.

"No I don't. I haven't seen him, I don't even know if he is in the compound." I said and Bucky nodded.

"He is, staying in his room though." Bucky said and I shook my head slightly.

"Well again, haven't seen him so I know what that means." I said and Bucky sighed. "But back to us, well you and Frost. She knows there is nothing there anymore and she doesn't care honestly." I said with a small smile and Bucky huffed a laugh.

"Nice to know she could drop me like that." Bucky said and I laughed.

"So are we going to tell Nat? I mean she should know." I said.

"She does." Nat said coming from around the corner. "I could tell you guys had a connection even if you didn't know it. I'm not angry. I know it was a point in your lives neither of you remembered. I just need to know...is it over?" Nat continued.

"Of course it is! We want the other super solider." Frost yelled and I gave a small smile.

"Frost said of course it is." I said leaving out her second half, Nat smiled and looked at Bucky.

"And you?" She asked him.

"There is only you." Bucky said and kissed Nat causing me to smile.

❄❄❄❄❄

*****STEVE POV*****

I stood outside her containment while she slept and just watched her. She didn't look dangerous. I had been watching her talk to everyone and Frost was just scared, Aspen looked terrified right now but was holding out like a champ. I was the chump in the situation. I ran, I didn't defend her when he wasn't able to defend herself when Tony put her in here, I let him do it.

"F.R.I.D.A.Y, cut video feed to containment please." I said.

"Feed is cut." F.R.I.D.A.Y said, I sighed and opened up the door. She didn't move and from watching her recently she was a heavy sleeper. I went to the bed wrapped her arms around my neck and picked her up bridal style. I headed up to my room, she needed to be in a bed, out of this damn cell. As I walked past the sitting room I saw Bucky and Nat, they just smiled at me and nodded.

"She didn't belong there. She's not an animal." I whispered and they nodded with agreement.

"She didn't belong you're right, take her to your room." Bucky said and I smiled and continued walking.

"No one tell Stark. I will deal with it tomorrow." I said and as I walked away. Once we got to my room and I groaned as I laid her down seeing the power dulling collar on her. I sighed and put in the code to take it off. I covered her up and laid next to her.

"I'm so sorry Penny." I said and leaned down and kissed the top of my head. I laid down beside her and she turned and cuddled into my side and I smiled putting my arm around her. I quickly fell asleep with her in my arms. I never knew this was what I was missing in my life until I had it in my arms now.