First Date

*****THE NEXT NIGHT*****

I was closing up the shop, I walked out and locked the door when I saw Steve standing there leaning on a motorcycle

"Hey." I said and he smiled seeing me in my short black floral dress.

"You look amazing." Steve said.

"See I told you it was the perfect dress." Frost said and I sighed. "Okay sorry silent mode."

"Thank you, you looked great yourself." He was standing there in a grey t-shirt, dark blue jeans and brown leather jacket.

"Ready to go?" Steve asked and I nodded as I walked towards him and he got on the bike. I got on carefully in my dress and then Steve took off and we headed to times square which scared me with Frost. She promised me she would try and keep her emotions under control with all the chaos of times square. I was looking around at everything when Steve parked the bike and then he helped me off and took my hand.

"I should have asked, have you been on a bike before?" Steve asked as I smiled.

"The family I lived with, my dad...I guess...had a bike and he used to take me out when I was younger." I said and Steve just looked at me oddly.

"You want to talk about how you just explained that?" Steve asked and I huffed a laugh.

"Maybe some other time honestly." I said and Steve nodded. "Steve there is going to be things about my past and life that I can't tell you right way which is why I was hesitant to go on a date in the first place." I said and Steve nodded. We walked into the pizzeria and got table.

"Aspen...I just want you to know that I don't judge and I'm in no position to judge." Steve said and I nodded.

"I know Steve and I eventually want to tell you sooner rather than later, I just have to figure out how." I said and Steve half nodded.

"You don't have a kid or anything right?" Steve asked and I laughed knowing Frost was like my child.

"No, no kids. I actually haven't had a boyfriend in about 3 years." I said.

"3 years? Was there a reason for the break?" Steve asked. Frost, she was the reason.

"Just taking a break from dating, could never find the right guy." I said and Steve smiled.

"Well I fell honored to be the first in so long." Steve said and I smiled. He reached across the table and opened his hand and I placed mine in his. "I have to be honest with you. The day that you saw me with Sharon at the compound, I went to the flower shop to talk to you and I stopped to get coffee for us. I saw you with Bucky...." Steve said.

"There is nothing...-" I started to say.

"No, I know, he told me." Steve said and I sighed.

"Steve, can you just maybe understand that I will tell you sooner rather than later?" I asked and he nodded.

"I can, I just want you to know I am a safe space." Steve said and I smiled.

"I know you are, I can feel that about you." I said and Steve nodded.

❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

Once we were done with dinner we decided to walk through times square.

"So how much do you know about me?" Steve asked and I sighed.

"Just that you were frozen for 70 years and the war and everything beforehand." I said and Steve nodded. He walked me to a spot in times square and just stood there.

"This spot." Steve said.

"What about it?" I asked.

"This is the exact spot where I was told what year it was and that I had been asleep for 70 years but Nick Fury." Steve said and I smiled at him.

"Did you wake up in this spot?" I asked and we laughed.

"No, S.H.I.E.L.D, who was a government group who found me had me in a facility a couple blocks down and I panicked, broke down a wall and ran away." Steve said and I gave a small laugh.

"Well it had to be a shock seeing time square like this." I said motioning around us.

"You have no idea." Steve said as we continued walking. Finally we headed back to the bike and I told him how to get to my apartment but he took the scenic route and I loved spending the time with him with my arms around his midsection as he drove. Once we arrived at my apartment Steve walked me to the main door but we just sat on the steps outside still not wanting to let the night end.

"So I want to call you a nickname and I don't know if you will like it or not." Steve said and I smiled.

"Try me and I will tell you." I said and she smiled.

"Penny."

"I really like it. No one has ever called me Penny before." I said and he smiled and placed a hand on my cheek.

"My lucky penny." Steve said and I laughed shaking my head.

"Cheesy captain." I said and he laughed.

"Alright, just call me out on it." Steve said and I smiled.

"Hey, I do what I can." I said. I placed my head on Steve shoulder as I looked up at the night sky but I couldn't see any stars.

"Problem?" Steve asked and I nodded.

"I love seeing stars and can't see them in the city." I said and Steve nodded.

"You'll have to come to the compound some night, it's out of the city and you can see so many stars from the roof." Steve said.

"You seem to know from experience..." I trailed off and he shrugged.

"I may have a hide out on the roof, my own solitude."

"And you would share it with me?" I asked and he smiled.

"Of course." Steve said and I smiled but yawned.

"I should let you get inside." Steve said causing me to sigh since I didn't want the night to end.

"Want to walk me inside? Make sure I get to my apartment safely?" I asked and he laughed.

"I would like actually. Need to make sure you are safe for sure." Steve said and I smiled as I unlocked the main door and then we got on the elevator. Once we got to my door I smiled at Steve.

"This is me." I said and he sighed.

"Safe and sound." Steve said and I nodded.

"Thank you Captain." I said and he gave a small salute.

"Happy to help." Steve said and I smiled. He grabbed both my hands and sighed.

"I would love to take you out again Penny." Steve said and I nodded.

"I would love that too. You have my number Steve." I said.

"I do, I call you tomorrow and we can plan something out." Steve said and I nodded.

"Or just come by the flower shop. I work tomorrow." I said and he nodded.

"Will do." He said and leaned in and kissed my cheek. I unlocked my door and walked in.

"Good night Steve." I said and he smiled.

"Good night Penny." Steve said and walked towards the elevator and I closed the door falling against it.

"Okay swoon!! Marry that man!" Frost said and I laughed.