16 : You threw my child?

Please take the time to vote, comment ,follow and add this book to your reading list!

I gave a loud groan stretching out my sore back.

Looking down at the logging tablet, I skim through the names of kids yet to be picked up. Most were employee's kids and wont be picked up for some time. I adjust my horrid dress and slowly walk down the stairs. I hadn't seen Benji since nap time so when I skimmed over the play area to see a head of lavender hair huddled towards the back of the area my eyes narrowed and thoughtlessly picked up my pace. Haphazardly tossing the tablet over onto the desk I make my way towards the back.

Before I could make it I had spotted the notorious group of troublemakers running through the playscape playfully shoving each other about. As the group sprint passed me one of the boys shoved another a little too roughly launching him forward and stumbling over his feet thankfully I manage to snatch him away from the side of the ball pit.

"Stop shoving each other. someone is going to get hurt if you keep it up." I say sternly shooting the guilty party a weak glare.

"Yes, Ms. Y/N. '' The three pout, I smirk rolling my eyes and give them a pat on the head before shooing them off with a chuckle. I had only managed to get a few feet away before I heard a familiar arrogant voice snap.

"Just shut up and do what you're told."

My head whipped around seeing Lilith towering over Benji, her arms crossed and a sneer on her face. Sun stood behind Benji looking as though he were trying to defuse a tense situation as Banji glared up at her before taking a few steps back then with a running star with what looked like to be as much strength as his little body could muster and slammed his foot into Lilith's knee.

My jaw dropped as I watched with wide eyes, a loud metallic screech of impact making me wince. It reminded me of nails on a chalkboard making my skin break out in goosebumps and an involuntary shiver run through me.

"You little shit!" Lilith howled as she dropped, her face contorting into rage she swiped at Benji trying to grab him but thankfully Benji was quick on his feet and managed to dive out of the way before sprinting over to me slamming into my legs then hiding behind me.

"Are you okay Lilith?" Sun asked, stepping forward reaching down a hand.

"Do I look okay, you incompetent idiot." She hissed, slapping his hand away lifting herself off the floor. "That stupid brat knocked my damn hinge out."

I rolled my eyes at her response and unconsciously reached back, patting Benji's head. Sun's eyes met mine silently begging as he began shifting back and forth on the balls of his feet, tugging at the hem of his sleeves, definitely unsure of what to do. I give him an exasperated sigh.

"Are you okay Benji?" I ask softly crouching down cupping his cheek in one hand. His green doe eyes meet me and just before he is able to respond Lilith interrupts.

"Why are you asking if that brat is okay? He's the one who kicked the shit outta me!" She spat giving us a murderous glare.

"Watch your language Lilith." I state with a straight face. "He is a child. That's why I'm asking him if he is ok."

"That doesn't matter, he should be banned from the daycare." I scoff at her statement before shaking my head, I stand up taking his hand in mine pulling him behind me and out of Lilith's view.

"Why would I ban him from the daycare?"

"He attacked me!" She yells, gesturing to him.

"But you were the one provoking him." I state calmly and matter-of-factly, "everyone knows Benji doesn't respond well to aggressive people and I'm not even going to touch on the fact that it's inappropriate that you told a child to shut up and do as they are told."