17: Sincere Advice

Please take the time to vote, comment ,follow and add this book to your reading list!

The next few weeks were a mess to say the least.

Moon had taken up the hobby of shooting Leon the world meanest glare anytime the man stepped foot through the daycare doors, given the fact that he would openly flirt as much as he could within our short encounters, I wasn't necessarily surprised when Moon claimed logging duty not leaving room for argument.

He almost seemed a lot more clingy in a way, sharing lingering soft touches whenever he passed by, a chaste but sweet kiss when he was sure no one would see, or simply making more of an effort to keep me within his eye line. 

I would often catch his gaze through the day, a soft expression on his face and exchange of smiles that never ceased to leave a warmth in my chest, before I went on proceeding with whatever task I had been distracted with.

But with came the fact that wherever Moon was Lilith wasn't all too far behind. following him like a puppy constantly begging for attention and even if it was a tad bit funny to watch it was much more annoying when she would get it. I mentioned how attached she was in passing a handful of times but sometimes Moon was just as dense as Sun.

"She totally has a thing for you."

"No she doesn't y/n. She's just being friendly and trying to be helpful." Moon attempted to reason. "After all you were the one to say that she wasn't doing her job."

"Rightttt, didn't know her job was to only exclusively follow you around like a lost puppy but whatever you say Moony." I replied with a smug smirk and playful side eye.

His reply was cut by the chaotic screams of children so he settled for a "This isn't over look."

With the upcoming holidays, the kids seemed to be on constant energy highs. not a single day going by that wasn't filled with some form of conflict or chaos.

I will say that over time I had grown accustomed to having to submit reports on behalf of Lilith's strange behavior. The children would often end up in tears after an encounter with her or come complaining of strange behavior like the reason why I was filling a report now.

Apparently Lilith was crouched over one of the vents by the art stations whispering into it, incidentally unsettling the group of children under her care at that moment when a child attempted to get her attention apparently she snapped at them making them cry and run off.

I sighed and hit the send button off to IT who just couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with the animatronic and Sam.

It had become sorta an inside joke at this point between Mia, Sam and I that at the start of each week we started to place small bets and attempted to guess how many reports will be submitted about Lilith. Let's just say it's a good thing Sam gets paid so well because she was a horrible guesser.

Though none of us really understood how Lilith wasn't removed for duty yet remind us of a mystery.

"Ms. Y/N!"

I smiled down at the group of boys consisting of the three notorious trouble makers and Benji. "What's up boys?"

"We made these for you." They said in a jumbled unison while proudly presenting construction paper hand turkeys from craft time with Sun . I chuckled softly, taking them careful not to mess up the sporadic feathers dripping with undried glue. Though I couldn't save my own hands from it.

I fought back the lump in my throat, holidays were always a bit difficult for me since the passing of dad. Holidays just were now something that only reminded me of bittersweet, rose gold memories long faded through the years. but still they always seemed to cause a pit in my stomach and a dull ache in my chest.