18: The Center

When I woke up, the morning sun spilled through the sheer curtains. The breeze outside rattled the windows enough to let a cold draft seep into the room. I felt nice and warm wrapped up in the bed sheets that were soft against my skin pulling them tighter. I knew damn well the last thing I wanted was to leave my comfortable position in any single way shape or form.

The weekend was finally here and remembering that today I was supposed to go to the community center had me wanting to bury myself deeper into the comfort of my bed, but if I stayed in bed the likelihood of starting the day would grow slimmer with every passing minute.

Rubbing my eyes and letting out a yawn, I shifted to move out of bed only to find my limbs weighed down. Moon's arm draped over me holding me tightly to his bare chest. legs tangled with each other as I nuzzled my face between the space of his shoulder internally debating whether or not it was actually worth leaving Moon's comfortable embrace.

I hadn't even realized I drifted back to sleep till the alarm on my phone began ringing piercing the sleepy silence. groaning in annoyance I wiggled an arm free snatching my phone from its charger silencing it before tossing it down and turning back to get a few more cuddles.

A deep rumble of a groan came from Moon as his head buried itself into my hair, his arms squeezing tightly and legs crossed locking mine in place. I giggled softly using my free hand to thread fingers through his wild hair smiling when he melted against my chest a soft hmm escaping his as the machinery in his chest kicked on filling the room with a gentle hum. It wasn't long till his dark lashes fluttered open, his crimson eyes sparkling in the sunlight as a soft smile graced his face. 'Morning Little star." He muttered softly like a secret before littering my face in soft pecks of kisses.

"Morning Moony." I replied sleep still thickening my voice, giggles escaped as he continued to cover every surface of my face with sleepy kisses. " Come on Moony, We have to get up."

" But I wanna stay and cuddle." He whined.

"Moon, no." I replied in the same whiny voice.

"Moon, yes."

"Moon, no."

"Moon, yesss."

I laughed pressing our lips together, promptly cutting off his dramatically drawn out yes, our mouths moving together lazily before finally wiggling out of his grasp, Hissing as my feet hit the cold floors as I moved to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take a quick shower.

Stepping out towel drying my hair I moved behind the drapes quickly putting together a simple and comfortable outfit before stepping back out to find Moon coming from the kitchen passing me my mug pressing a kiss to my forehead before plopping down on the sofa making me smile fondly at the domestic vibe.

Moon glanced up at me chuckling when I let out a happy dramatic little sigh after taking a sip of my drink sitting down next to him, his arm wrapped arm me pulling me into his lap as twirled stands on my hair around his fingers a soft expression on his face before asking "Today's that food drive thing, right?"

"Yeah." I sighed.

"You don't seem too excited." He commented, I leaned my head against his shoulder shutting my tired eyes letting the warm mug warm my chilled fingers.

"Cause I'm not." I huffed out.

"So why are you going?"

I shrugged, not even knowing myself, " I don't know, my mother sorta dragged me into it and i didnt have the heart to tell Emma no plus-."

"Emma?" Moon questioned with a raised brow.

"Center coordinator, plus Monty think it could help "

Moon paused at the mention of the other man's name before continuing to mindlessly playing with my hair. "Help with what?" he asked.