Part five:the awkwardness of highschool

In lukes point of view

I'm sitting in my honors lit class across from cat as my professor,Dr.Jameson explains the next project.

"You kids believe love is sex and texting.Its not you believe that dating is the same as trying on shoes;no matter how well something seems to fit you always want to try on something else.You have 4 months until the end of the school year to give me a thesis on what true and real love is.The guidelines are that it must be over 1,000 words stop groaning.You must also have a muse or someone it about it'll be a lot easier to do." He said with his gruff voice he then went back to his desk and dat in his chair as he had for the entire year.

I was going to write it about my last girlfriend but she ended up fucking my brother so no thank you.Now I'm thinking of just writing about what my opinion on love is.I look over to Catarina who sits on the back right corner.Shes wearing a dark emerald skirt and a black button up with black knee socks and green boots of some sort I don't think they're doc martens this time.Her hair is up in a bun and it showing off her face for once and I'm still amazed that she doesn't wear makeup.Not that anyone really needs to its just a somewhat normal thing I guess and I just...never mind she's obviously not normal.She looks up at me and I advert me eyes I. An feel blood rushing into my cheeks ringing them a light pink color.I know it's weird to look at people in class.

The bell rang and I could feel my soul rejoice as I only had two periods left.I stood up and let everyone else out first as I was the tallest and fairly certain the biggest it was just nice to let them go and I walked through the door to be met with the annoying onslaught of teenage drama and talking.Walking passed a couple eating each other's faces off and then to my locker only to find Cat standing in front of it pulling on the hem of her skirts as some guys walk by.

"Hemmo get your jacket we're going to see a movie" she says grabbing a black trench coat and pulling it on her petite frame.I stopped shuffling around and look at her.
"Are you miss honors at 16 purposing we skip out on education?" I asked faking shock.

"Are you,Luke Hemmings all honors classes at 18 not willing to go see unfriended?"

"Are you Catarina driving or me"I asked laughing ."well unless you want to be driven by ashton or Calum you can drive lord hemmo"she said laughing.I nodded at that and put on my dark grey hoodie and close my locker and looked at her "well let's go then I'll drive" and started walking towards the front doors and we where getting looks because people know who I am my older brothers where the star football players Catarina always gets looks for many reasons and I guess seeing us together break like the social status ladder or something.I got to the front doors due to having long legs whilst Catarina had rather short legs and I opened The door for her and she thanked me and walked out me following after.I walked towards my car with Cat following closely behind and got int she did after and then put on her seatbelt without having to be asked to which was great considering I often felt like I needed to watch out for her when I couldn't even do that for myself and well it was a scary thing.

"You know you scared me a few days ago when you had that breakdown"she said vaguely I blushed slightly out of embarrassment "let's not talk about that please"I said making a left turn into the AMC theater "that's okay and because it's Friday want to go to a party after the movie?" She said as I parked the car and went to get out "I really don't do well with parties and I kinda hate the whole 'lets fuck in a strangers bed and get piss drunk' highschool party cliche you get me?" I said and she met me in front of the car "does it make it any better if its a college frat party?" She asked laughing and I stopped to let a car drive in front of us "you're sixteen no way am I letting you go to a college party" and she looked at me and laughed saying "don't worry ashton and Calum are coming to so I'll be good plus everyone there will know I'm with Calum" she said slightly confidently.