01

01 : yes, the new kid's name is kid

• • •

Making her way back home from the university, Ezra felt utterly exhausted. Everything about her day felt like shit, and she was just about ready to give up on her dreams and become a worthless slug for the rest of her pitiful life.

Not only did her teacher scream at her after wrongly accusing her of cheating, she also had to turn down her friends' offer of fun because the aforementioned teacher also decided that destroying Ezra's ears with her loud voice was not enough to "teach her a lesson".

The said teacher gave Ezra an unreasonable amount of homeworks and threatened her that if she failed to comply, she will have to spend an awful amount of time with Khalil Alcester, the prefect of discipline.

Naturally, she thinks the day can't get even worse.

Oh, how life loves to prove her wrong.

While opening the door of her small run-down apartment with a long sigh, she noticed that the door to her neighboring apartment no longer had the sign that announced to the passersby that it was for rent.

Since the said apartment complex is the closest one to her university, most of the tenants are also her schoolmates. Loelle had been her old neighbor and was downright one of the weirdest people she had ever met.

She looked like she was on crack the whole time and her equally deranged lover had a scary habit of punching people out of the blue. Eventually, they had to be evicted from the apartment complex because of the inconveniences that they caused.

It goes without saying that the news of their eviction should be Ezra's single source of happiness for the day. However, with the news about her new and upcoming neighbors circulating around the town, she couldn't help but feel even more skeptical.

According to the people who managed to get the luxury of seeing the new neighbors when they checked the apartment, the new neighbors would be the same new kids from the university. Normally, that wouldn't be an issue for Ezra, but the rumors surrounding the said men were too much to ignore.

Ezra was not the type of lady who'd condemn others because of proofless rumors, but they claimed that one of the new kids was expelled from his former university because of his love for fighting, while others said that he set his former classroom on fire. If those rumors turned to be facts, this new neighbor would be no different from Loelle, and Ezra can only pray and beg for her safety.

While going inside her own place, Ezra was stunned as a head suddenly poked from her kitchen to look at her. She screeched, placing a hand over her rapidly beating heart. "Damn, Seren! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

The blonde culprit sheepishly scratched the back of her neck and offered Ezra an apologetic smile. "My bad."

"Why are you even here?" Ezra asked as she placed her bag to the couch, removing her necktie in the process. She loosened her low ponytail, letting her ginger-colored hair flow freely on her back. "You're supposed to be out in the mall with the rest of the squad."