06

06 : no, we do not change the café name every season

• • •

To say that Kid Clementine's pissed is an understatement.

This is the third time this week that the golden-eyed male watched as a strange group entered the café, and with each passing day, they just seem to recruit more companions who were just as odd. First, there were just four of them. Now, there are six.

Kid is not keen on the idea of spending another day in this cozy café just to find out whether they'll also have a new recruit tomorrow or not.

Judging by the way they were unashamed by the amount of noise they were making and the overly familiar behavior inside the said café, it didn't take him a while to figure out they were friends with the owner.

If it weren't for Shin and Chastille's newfound fondness for this specific café's coffee brew, Kid wouldn't have had to endure watching such foolish conversations unfold before his eyes.

Throughout the course of three days, he had witnessed them bickering over the most trivial and nonsensical things in the world, and not once did he fail to roll his eyes. Stopping himself from rushing to their table and flipping it on their faces took all of Kid's self-restraint, as well as Shin's.

"Hypocrite."

The charcoal-haired male's train of thought was interrupted by Shin's venom-laced word. He threw the brunet a puzzled look before mouthing, "The fuck are you sayin'?"

"You hate being stared at, but look at you now. gawking at an innocent group of friends," Shin elaborated with an eye roll. Then, the brunet leaned back on his chair, his eyes widening courtesy of a pang of realization. "Are you, perhaps, jealous?"

Again, to say that Kid Clementine was taken aback is an understatement. He was utterly perplexed, his jaw threatening to drop and his eye twitching ever so slightly.  Surely, the absurdity of the other group was not quietly rubbing off on him.

Or was it?

"You mean to say," said Chastille with an exaggerated gasp, and cue in the dramatic pause that made Kid groan. "Kiddo's not satisfied with our company, Shin? The gasp! The betrayal! The—"

Before the hysterical male was able to finish whatever blasphemy he was about to say, Kid was already shoving a plethora of cookies down his throat, not even caring one bit that the other male was already choking. "You damn screwball just don't know when to shut up," the golden-eyed male growled under his breath.

"Shin, help me out, will 'ya? Kiddo's killing me through force-feeding! Suffocation!"

The two ebony-haired males' theatrics fell on the deaf ear of the brunet. He has seen their buffoonery far too many times to give a damn, hence he carried on with his own business.