15

15 : that's on: why kids love Christmas presents

• • •

Kid had prided himself as someone who's used to people bickering left and right, especially with his group of friends — and Ezra's group of friends, which he had criticized before. He's constantly surrounded by loud mouths, which is why he's supposed to be used to it by now. But that skill is being put to the test right now.

"Awe, c'mon, Ma'am! It's not like we're strangers!" Chastille whined to the platinum-blonde-haired owner of Winter Serenade, who just attempted to slam the kitchen's doors in the former's face.

Where the fuck did they come from?  Such a weird combination. It's like Tweedledee and Tweedledum.

"With all due respect, Sir, you are a stranger in my eye." Serenity struggled to remove Chastille's hand from the doorway since it was the only thing stopping her from returning to the comfort of her kitchen. Seeing that the sweet-loving male wouldn't budge, she threw a pleading look to an amused Kid. "Can you stop him? I love our regulars, but not when they start spouting shit like they'd eat our pastries for free."

"Hey!" Chastille yelled, looking offended. "You act like you're not aboard my ship!"

His comment only received a look of askance from Serenity, who obviously did not catch what he was implying. Chastille replied to her questioning look with a sly grin, which made her eye roll.

She was about to slam the door again, not caring about Chastille's hand anymore, but the said male said, "Kid and Miss Ez? Ring a bell?"

Kid grimaced.

I don't like the way he mentioned my name.

This time, Serenity managed to catch the male's drift as she turned her back to face him again and pointed an accusatory finger directly to his face, her forehead creased in obvious annoyance. "Excuse you! I am the original first captain of this ship. Fall the fuck in line."

Ezra, who was originally upstairs, heard the scuffle downstairs and decided to check what was happening. Initially, she was worried that there was an argument or problem, but upon seeing a grinning Chastille, pissed Serenity, and amused Kid, she turned on her heels.

Nope. Not dealing with that combo.

She was already late, though. Serenity heard the familiar sound of her heels and started to cry for her help. Due to this, the two males turned in her direction.

"Your friend's mean, Miss Ez." Chastille sulked.

It was obvious that the sweet-crazed man was just teasing Serenity. He values pastries so much. He also has no shortage of money, as the gingerhead discovered that he has enough money to buy a whole factory of sweets. There's no way he can't afford their budget-friendly products.