Chapter 2

There is this word called hypocrisy which addresses all our issues well.

Mehek had felt nothing but pure anger at that boy Namit, he was himself a doctor and understood the fact that nothing came above a patient for a doctor and yet he was "uncomfortable" with his wife going out at night to attend emergencies!

Can you feel the hypocrisy here?

Mehek had rushed to the hospital after that meeting and completed all her tasks for the day.

Just as she was clocking out, a pregnant woman came with bleeding and that was ofcourse an emergency. Mehek left a message to her parents informing of the same and attended the patient.

It was close to eleven at night when she was finally free. She could have been free earlier but the patient had a rare blood group and arranging that took a lot of time.

Mehek felt annoyed as to why people don't donate blood often? Especially, those with rare blood groups, it is so difficult to manage a rare blood group patient and arrange blood when there is not any in the nearby blood banks.

Nobody understands the plight of doctors just come and blame that they charge a lot! Like seriously dude!?

Mehek controlled her annoyance and started walking to her car, when she bumped into somebody. This was literally astonishing when she can bump somebody on a road having only two people!

She rubbed her nose and looked up at the person she collided with. What a sight it was!

He was a man, with those beautiful hazel eyes and sharp jawline, hair pushed aback and mouth twisted into a smirk. He had caught her admiring him and she quickly broke the track.

" I'm sorry.", She breathed.

" It's fine. Happens people usually don't pay attention to where they are going."

Mehek scowled despite his hoarse voice making her weak.

" Excuse me! The same applies to you Mister!"

" You see I was looking at a patient's reports and you seemed to have a conversation with the ground. Now, tell me who is at fault?" He remarked.

" Oh my god! Unbelievable! It was a fault of both of us, least you could do was apologise."

He scowled and said, " Dr. Jigar Shah doesn't apologise madam unless you are his patient, which you clearly are not!"

Mehek was momentarily stumped he was the cardiologist who was going to conduct tomorrow's conference in the city and here she was arguing with him.

Screw that he had weird assumptions, she is not wrong!

" Listen Dr. Shah, as much as I would like to continue this debate, please let's stop it. I have early morning tomorrow and I'm sure you have it too. So goodbye."

She skipped to her car and drove out of there as fast as she could leaving behind Jigar and his wrath of not having the last word.

Having no other choice he went inside the hospital and asked the on-duty staff regarding the workings of the hospital.

As he was done with the questions his phone rang and it was his mother calling.

" Haa, maa" ( Yes, mom)

" Beta, you still haven't gone home? I have sent you a photo look at her, maybe you like her?" She put her case forward.

" Maa, I have told you many times, choose whom you like. I'll marry your choice."

" Okay." and she hung up the call.

What was it with the women not letting him have the last word today?

He scowled and returned back to his hotel. The people in Nashik are lucky to have the flyover. It saves lots of time when compared to Mumbai.

He reached his hotel late and slept as he indeed has an early morning, how that girl knew it was beyond him.

So the leads have met.... Let's hope they get interested in each other soon....