Chapter 14

Gham ke ye baadal guzar jaane de
Ab zindagi ko nikhar jaane de
Chhod de ab yaadon ke dukh sehnaa
Sun bhi le jo dil ka hai kehnaa

As promised, Jigar drew the duo to the major attractions of Mumbai. He first started by driving to Juhu, which itself was a huge task considering the traffic.

Never had Mehek imagined that he would bring them to one of the most beautiful temples of all time, the Iskon mandir (temple).
She got down the car expressing her surprise at the location and Jigar simply shrugged.

He guided them inside the temple and they both had wonderful Darshan ( to pray and seek blessings of the God in the temple).

Mehek had a serene smile on her face as she came out. Jigar looked at her and smiled as well.

" I never thought you would bring me here of all the places.."

" That's what it was, surprise. I like to begin every new aspect of my life with His blessings.", Jigar pointed at the sky, " It was pending since everything finalised and then you came here, so it was a perfect opportunity to seek his blessings."

Mehek was thoroughly impressed by Jigar's devotion. She loved how important it was for him to seek God's blessings and thankfully she was fortunate to accompany him.

" I'm really grateful that you brought us here.", Mehek smiled.

Jigar chuckled, " Well madam you would be glad when we go to our next stop."

Mehek smiled and they quickly walked to the beach which was a walk of around ten minutes.

The waves of the sea met the shore delighting everyone present there. Jigar, though, surprisingly didn't stop there and guided Mehek to the street food shops at the beach.

Mehek's eyes filled with delight and she quickly took charge guiding Jigar to the chaat shop. She ordered a  teekha Pani-puri ( spicy water- balls) plate for herself while Jigar settled for a slightly less spicy, the medium flavoured ones.

Once the vendor started making the water balls Mehek's eyes filled with utter joy and she quickly finished a plate and asked for another round. Jigar chuckled at her madness and had to stop her after two rounds.

" There are other Chaats as well. Let's go try them!"

Mehek nodded and Jigar took them to his favourite Dahi-puri stall. They ordered a plate and then skipped to the Pav-bhaji stall. All in all the couple was having a food lottery, though Jigar had to pay.

By the end of their hour long eating spree, the couple had a Gola ( ice candy) in their hand and they sat on the bench, watching the sea. The lights of the Marine drive making their moment memorable.

Mehek clasped her hand above Jigar's which laid on his lap. He looked up but she was staring at the sea.

" Jigar?"

" Yes?", He asked again looking at her but she never looked at him.

" Sometimes, I feel we are rushing into this relationship. Like we do not have enough time to know each other. I am sorry you had to tell me about your past at a stage when we are barely getting to know each other..."

" Mehek.", Jigar interrupted, " I agree, but I was uncomfortable before telling you. After the lunch, I feel lighter. You understood what I felt. You didn't think I was hung up on the past. You understood what I exactly felt."

She sighed, " I am glad I understood you at such an early stage and it's a good thing but we have barely known each other for what, six days at Max, that is including our meet at the hospital!"

He chuckled, " Crazy how much we fought six days back!"

" And that is somewhat amazing how we have stopped arguing like that and are taking this forward. But then when I talk with you every night, all my insecurities go away. I feel comfortable with you. "

Jigar intertwined their fingers.

" I just hope you understand that you are making me smile after a very long day at work and you deserve the same, even if I get a bit boring sometimes!", Mehek said softly, "Jigar, you are worth every ounce of love that is coming your way, whether it is your parents or me! Remember this!"

Jigar gulped and smiled at her. He tightened his hold on her hand and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

The sun set and the couple had to bid goodbye to the beach.

" Let's get you to the car else you would be very late.", Jigar said.

Mehek sighed, not wanting to leave the place, but nodded nonetheless.

Soon they reached the place where Mehek's car was parked and it was time to say goodbye.

Mehek was hesitating getting off the car and Jigar had the doors locked, still.

She sighed and looked at him. He was already looking at her.

" Call me when you reach home, okay? And keep your live location on. I will check it in between.", Jigar said.

Mehek nodded.

" I hope you enjoyed."

Mehek smiled and finally after mustering enough courage she leaned and threw her  arms around Jigar.

He was surprised at first but then relaxed and drew her closer.

" You were saying something about progressing fast, huh?", Jigar murmured into her ear and earned himself a hit at the back.

He chuckled while she rubbed the area where she hit.

" It was a wonderful day. I enjoyed it thoroughly." She murmured into his ears and he pulled her closer.

After a few moments they drew apart and Mehek tried opening the door only to have it locked. She sighed and unlocked the door and got off the car. Before shutting the door Jigar called her out.

" Yes?", She asked.

" Be safe and turn on the live location.", He instructed.

She smiled and did as he asked.

He saw her get inside her car and drive off in the sea of cars and he, as well, joined them to go back home.

At least, he felt lighter after sharing his past.