Chapter 12

The world of colours is so beautiful and the lady is always attracted by those colours to shop out her wallet.

Well, this was so Mehek's mother, Sunita Patel, who was currently dazzled by the colours and the world of clothes. Mehek had fulfilled Sunita's demands by waking up early, helping her with the house chores so that they can go shopping.

Task for the day was finalising Mehek's clothes and jewellery for the event and then dropping her off at the spa.

But the hardest task was selecting the outfit, whatever Mehek liked was not approved by her mother and vice-versa. The shopkeeper was also getting annoyed at the duo that has kept him engaged for more than two hours now.

Mehek sighed and looked around, her eyes suddenly fell on a beautiful dress. With widened eyes she looked at her mother, who in return asked the shopkeeper to comply to her demands and soon the dress was in front of their eyes and the duo finally selected the dress.

Next stop was jewellery which was completely Sunita's responsibility. Mehek only had to choose. After some fifty minutes, everything was finalised and Mehek was dropped off at the spa centre by her mother.

" Call me when you are done. I have other errands to run.", With this said Sunita rushed leaving the girl.

Mehek opened the door to the spa and the hostess immediately had her seated and begun with her hair. To say it was relaxing would be an understatement.

*_*_*_*

Jigar had a pleasant day because majority of his shopping was done by the mother. He merely had to nod and the things had finished faster than he had imagined.

He decided to treat his hard working mother for choosing all his clothes and she happily agreed. So now they were seated in a classy restaurant enjoying Italian cuisine.

" Jigar?"

" Yes, mom?"

" You are happy?"

Jigar was thrown off balance and he asked, " Yes but what happened all of a sudden?"

" I just hope you forget the past and give this relationship your best shot."

" I hope so too.", He whispered.

But things were easier said than done. Priya's questions threw Jigar back into the hole he had jumped out of ever since the day they met Mehek and her family.

" I don't know am I crazy for thinking this mom, but I sometimes feel like I am undeserving of this...this new start and everything... I just can't express how I feel about it."

Priya was thrown off guard with her son's revelation. Here she thought he was happy and was completely immersed into all the stuff and he goes and says this to her.

" I don't know what to say but ask whether you are really ready for this step? This is marriage, beta, once Mehek is in your life, you can't have these insecurities with you.", She tried to get her point across.

" Mom, I try. In fact as I said, for the last few days I had completely forgotten about these things but then I sometimes have those moments of weakness when... I can't help but shiver in fear. I can't have one more heartbreak. It will tear me apart.", Jigar expressed all his concerns but before she could reply he recieved a call.

" Turns out it's an emergency, mom. I will see you at home.", Jigar left and Priya was left behind to deal with the words or rather the way he feels.

She dialled up her husband's number who answered after four rings.

" Adi, are you busy?"

" Not for you.", He replied.

" It's about Jigar. We were having lunch in the mall and I asked if he was happy and then all of a sudden he said he feels undeserving of this love and happiness.", She was speaking in a heavy voice. Her son's pain literally tore her apart.

" Where are you both?"

" I'm at the mall. He left, had an emergency."

" Priya, come home and we both will discuss it out with him in the night.", Aditya said in an understanding tone.

" Yes."

*_*_*

It was night time and Mehek was laying on her bed, fidgeting with her phone. She finally dialled his number.

" Hello?"

" Hello, what are you doing?"

" Just driving home. My holiday was sabotaged by an emergency. I hope yours was great.", Jigar spoke loudly for the car Bluetooth.

" Haha, if being dragged around the shops and then being subjected to those manicures and all that is fun. Then sure, I had fun.", She said haughtily.

" You know you are the first woman who is so disturbed after a shopping spree and a beauty spa.", He laughed.

" Well what can I say, I'm unique like that!"

Jigar laughed louder at that.

" Umm, Mehek, I have to tell you something important. I think it is better said in person. How and when..."

" Whoa, what a switch! I guess we can meet on the engagement day itself. I have no prior plans of coming there and neither do you."

Jigar was a bit annoyed, " Mehek, this is important and you should know this before making any sort of commitments!"

" If it was so important why not tell me on the day of that date?" She argued.

Jigar lost control of his anger. He parked the car on the side and said, " I never knew they will plan engagement within a week! I thought we would meet often, I could say this to you when I thought it was okay to share and not when it was mandated!"

Mehek gasped. It really was important if he was reacting like this.

" Tomorrow, I'll drive to Thane. You meet me there. That's the middle point.", She concluded.

Jigar sighed and said, " Time? Around two works? For lunch?"

" Yes. See you tomorrow.", Mehek bid goodbye.