Chapter 24

Mehek was married. She is Dr.(Mrs)Mehek Jigar Shah, now on till eternity.

As the car entered the suburbs of Mumbai, Mehek curiously stared out of the car. She stared at the roads, the locality which is now going to be hers. It had never occured to her before this moment that she had never seen Jigar's house. The video calls revealed very few details and as the car entered the gates of the house she was excited to look at her new home.

Jigar clasped their hands as they moved to stand in front of the main door. Their mother, along with the entire Shah clan was standing inside the house, ready to welcome the new bride.

Priya did the aarti of the couple and then instructed Mehek to gently kick the pot full of rice and then step inside the plate full of vermillion.

Mehek followed the orders and as she stepped inside, her vermillion clad footprints signified the entrance of Goddess Lakshmi in the house.

Mehek was dropped inside their room by the sisters and Jigar was heldback for a few minutes. When he was about to enter the room, the sisters stopped him.

" Bhai, andar jaane nahi denge!" , Said his cousin. ( Brother, we will not let you go in!)

" Kyu?" ( Why?)

" Paise dedo, Andar jaao!", Said Kinjal. ( Give us money and go in!)

Jigar grumbled, he was annoyed by the fact that the groom had to pay money everywhere! He paid the bride's cousins to return his shoes so that he could take his bride with him.Now He had to pay money to enter his own room! And mind you the amount was not small, he paid in thousands to lakhs!

After the sisters were satisfied they let him through and he closed the doors behind him.

The room was dark accept for the bedside lamps and in the middle of the bed sat his bride. She was still dressed in her bridal attire and her face had been covered by the veil.

Jigar took slow steps and sat beside her. He heard the sharp intake of breath by his partner. She was nervous.

He slowly leaned forward and lifted the veil off her face. She was beautiful and all his. Her image was etched in his brain forever.

He saw the slow assessing movements of her eyes. She was seeking comfort.

"Mehek, welcome to our room, our house and my life.", Jigar mumbled.

Mehek nodded.

" Has the proximity affected your speaking abilities?", He teased.

She shaked her head but did not say anything.

He smirked and leaned forward to kiss her cheek. She was shocked and looked directly into his eyes, accusing him of taking advantage!

He smirked and kissed the other cheek to say, " This sudden shyness is appreciated but I want the Mehek I know, back."

She burned red with embarrassment and he again kissed her cheek, " A peck for every time you turn redder being shy.", He declared.

" Jigar!", She exclaimed and he leaned back.

" So she is back!", He smiled.

Mehek chuckled.

" Let's get changed. Mom said tomorrow is your muh dikhayi and also a Pooja early in the morning. So, we have a early day."

Mehek nodded.

Jigar leaped out of bed to go inside the bathroom. Mehek sighed and got off the bed. She sat on the dressing table and started removing the pins.

By the time Jigar came out dressed in his sweats, Mehek was still sitting in front of the dressing table removing the pins.

He sighed and asked, " Do you need help?"

Exhausted Mehek said, " Yes, please."

Jigar helped her get the pins off and her hair were released. He removed the jewellery and she felt lighter by two to three kilos.

She thanked him and entered the bathroom to get changed. She took a shower and when she searched for clothes, they were not there! She forgot to take a change of clothes! How irresponsible!

Thankfully, the closet was attached to the bathroom and her overnight bag was kept there. She wrapped the towel and opened the bag for her clothes only to find lingerie. She sighed deeper for one garment of accoetable standard and found none. She was doomed.

She wore the lingerie, the red colour highlighting her smooth buttery skin. But she looked highly inappropriate plus she was not looking for any intimacy at the moment. For godsake she knew Jigar only for a month!

Fuming she opened the wardrobe to find his clothes. She saw a black shirt. Perfect!

Wearing the black shirt above the lingerie Mehek entered into the room. Jigar who was lying on his side turned to look at her and gasped for air. She looked hot!

Mehek saw him checking her out and cleared her throat. Jigar quickly looked into her eyes and gestured for her to sit beside him.

" I hope you don't mind right side of the bed.", He asked.

" No, I prefer right."

He sighed, " Shall we sleep then?"

" Yes", she was glad he didn't suggest anything intimate.

Jigar occupied the farthest corner of the bed as he saw how uncomfortable she was.

He turned the lights off and bid her a goodnight.

Mehek smiled, " He is a gentleman."

She mentally thanked her friends because of whom she saw his gentlemanly character. But this did not mean they were off the hook for embarrassing her!