Chapter 20

There is no problem that couldn't be solved by talking.

Astonished was the word that described Mehek's state of mind. Jigar climbed the whole floor to enter her room !

" Jigar? What's the matter?"

He sighed and moved closer to her, staring at her beautiful eyes, " Mehek, I agree with the beautician. You have dark circles and frown lines which I had never noticed earlier. There are some problems that aren't addressed. So let's talk them out now."

Mehek was moved, he wanted to make things better and she was not going to let him down.

" Jigar, you are right. These signs of stress were not this expressive the day I met you. They have become prominent ever since..."

" The day we got a fifteen day notice.", He completed, " I thought so. You had suddenly become silent and agreed to whatever nonsense these guys do. I mean I saw how imposing they have become still I'm sorry it took me a lot longer to come around."

Mehek's eyes watered at his words and she simply hugged him close. Her face pressed on his chest while his hands stroking her back to  calm her down.

After a while she calmed down and Jigar had them sit on the bed. He lifted her face to look at him yet her eyes were downcast.

He sighed, " If you keep crying how are we going to come to a solution?"

" Solution for what?", She squeaked.

" Umm, to postpone the wedding?"

" No, can't do that now. Bills are paid. Bookings done. Too late."

" Accha, then tell me the reason why you need some time?", He asked a bit hesitatingly. This was the main question triggering his mind ever since she had said about having some time before settling down.

" I just, you know, we met just some ten days back. I have not known you enough to spend my life with you. The decision, though, feels right but I could have used that time to maybe know you better and you know, be happier with this decision." She replied to the best of her abilities.

Jigar nodded his head, " You know Mehek when it's the right person, even two days are enough and when the person is not right, even ten years seems to be not enough."

Mehek's eyes widened.

" I will just like to say, I have had this feeling that you are right ever since we discussed my ex. The way you reacted and embraced all my flaws. I knew you were the one. So it never mattered to me, frankly, when they said we should get married in fifteen days. But clearly I have failed in giving you a sense of security with this relationship.", Jigar got up from the bed and Mehek followed suit.

Her mind was still busy embracing his words. Whatever he said, resonated within her. Before she could introspect further, his voice pulled her out of her mental reveries.

" I will give you some time. Give me an answer whether you want to go ahead with the fifteen day thing or not. No pressure, I'll handle everything. Just give me an honest answer. You know, I don't want to begin this new phase of my life with unhappiness in any form, whether it be, my family or you. If you all are happy then I'll have peace of mind."

Mehek was stunned. She saw him move away and lean on the window. His words started playing louder in her head while she saw him put a leg across the window. He will be climbing down in a minute!

" Jigar!", She called.

Jigar who was leaning to find his footing looked at her.

She came closer to him and forwarded her hand, " Please stay back."

Jigar narrowed his eyes, " I told you there has to be no pressure and you are self imposing pressure."

" It's not that, please will you step back into the room?", She pleaded.

He nodded and jumped back into the room.

" You are right. I may have not thought on this with a broader perspective but you have and now with this newfound perspective I have a request to make. Will you please stay the night?", She pleaded.

" Mehek, this is not right. You are unmarried and I can't spend a night here. If anybody knows about it you know what will happen to your reputation right?" He said clearly.

" I assure you, I won't be unmarried for long and I'm not suggesting anything we will just sleep and have some talks.", She clarified.

" What did you think then? I'll jump on you and have sex?", Jigar asked.

" No, no I was just clarifying in case if you had any strange ideas.", She stuttered.

" Mehek! I will never get intimate with you until you feel secure with me and of our relationship.", He concluded.

" Yes? Thank you.", She was definitely a loss of words.

Jigar chuckled. He had them sleep on the bed and reluctantly Mehek slithered her arms around him. He looked at her and she started asking him one question after another.

Mehek slept after interrogating Jigar with all her might and the poor guy answered all her questions with the best of his abilities. He looked at her sleeping face and then at the clock iny his mobile. It was half past three in the morning.

He carefully removed her arms from his body and kept the pillow he used in her hold. She clutched the pillow and he ran to the window.

Looking around he saw nobody and quickly descended the wall and ran to his car parked in the nearby alley.

He rushed back to his hotel while Mehek slept clutching the pillow.