Chapter 4

The clouds roared louder than ever and lightning sparked the melancholy sky, the joy of first rain felt all around.

Monsoon had begun and so did Mehek's melancholy, it was that time of the year.

She had been resting in her room and once the skies drizzled, all the couples in her house rushed out for varied reasons, ofcourse. She was the only person who was single and she did not know when, but she had gone melancholic.

The couples playing around in rain, rushing to the car for long drives, drove in a sense of loneliness.

Growing up Mehek was a huge romance fan and as the movies romanticised rains her idea of having such moments with her partner grew. But then life happened.

She took up a career that demanded more than what she gave, always. Her prime years were spent cramming in the library or running around in the hospital. As she stabilised herself, she belonged to the older category of maidens.

She simply rested her head against the window and stared outside at the pitter-patter of the rains, waiting to spend those moments with her soulmate.

*_*_*

Monsoons meant Chai, Pakode and Maggi for Jigar ever since he was a kid. His parents had been resting and he ordered all the delicacies looking at the weather.

His mother joined him a moment later and they rejoiced the weather.

" You know Jigar, I met the girl today, she is really nice. I hope you guys say yes for each other.", She smiled at her son who inturn gave her a watery smile.

" So, are we meeting her tomorrow?"

" Tomorrow, yes, officially."

" What do you mean..", his question was cut off by the appearance of Aditya Shah who said, " You guys are having Chai-Pakodas without me! How terrible!"

Jigar and Priya laughed and forwarded his share of the plate to him.

" You know Jigar, your dad and I met each other in monsoon. He came to my house and the drill but when we were to talk alone, I took him to the terrace and we were so indulged in talking with each other that we did not realise when it started raining and we were crazy enough to dance in the rain and I almost gave your Naanu, a cardiac arrest if we hadn't agreed for the alliance."

" Ohho, dad you were very romantic!", Jigar teased.

Aditya laughed and said, " You know, we want you to settle down. Look at your sister all settled and you, despite having everything you don't have a life partner."

" Dad, I have given mom full power about choosing whoever she likes."

" And it won't be your decision?", Aditya queried.

" No, not after what happened earlier." Jigar said in finality, " You guys enjoy I am going down to have a stroll. Will be back soon."

*_*_*

Mehek had an emergency and she had to go to a hospital in the far corner of the city. She took her car and reached the hospital as soon as she could.

After tending to the emergency she was going back home and was in a rush as it was already Eight in the evening so she took a shortcut.

She drove smoothly on the road for the initial twenty minutes and then an incident happened. A passerby was covered with mud splashed by her car and he created chaos by calling out the driver.

As she stepped out the man in question covered from head to toe in mud glared at her and said, " You! Of all the people, you again!"

Mehek recognised that voice and grunted, " Why god? Why him?"

" What is it with you and why do we keep meeting often?" Jigar grunted as well.

" Excuse me! Muje koi maza nahi aata aapse milne me, jab dekho tab rok ke tamashe karva lo!", Mehek was exasperated. ( I don't enjoy meeting you especially when you throw tantrums whenever you can)

Jigar covered in mud glared at her hard enough to bury her six foot within, " You give me reasons to do tamashe ( throw tantrums)! At least apologise when it's your fault!"

Mehek rolled her eyes and said, " Funny how you walking at the edge of road in monsoon on a road full of potholes has no role in your state. But since I'm a bigger and better person, I apologise my car couldn't see that it splashed mud on your mighty self."

Jigar growled in frustration and said, " Least you could do was apologise properly but it's okay. Can you atleast drop me off to my hotel? It's nearby."

Mehek looked at him top to bottom and was going to deny when the clouds poured heavily and Jigar spread his arms to wash off the mud.

Mehek was captivated by the view, this man was surely more than what he pretended to be.

" Now come on in, you are clean enough.", Mehek yelled and Jigar quickly leaped into her car.