Chapter 25

First off, I want to apologise for updating after such long periods.

Second, please comment and like, it motivates me to write! When a reader writes "update soon", I try to do that sooner.

*_*_*_*

The golden rays of light tried penetrating the windows but the couple inside was smarter, the blinds were shut. Although the same can't be said about their alarm clocks.

As the clock struck seven, the alarms rang at their might and the couple jerked up from their sleeping position.

They shut the alarm off and saw their partner going through a similar drill. Mehek chuckled and Jigar followed. He glanced at the clock and said, " Do you wish to use the bathroom first or can I?"

Mehek said, " I will take longer to get ready. It's better if I use it first."

Jigar nodded and fell back down on the bed. He groaned and pulled the comforter above his head. Mehek sighed in relief and quickly went inside the bathroom without forgetting her clothes for the day.

After bathing, she went into the adjoining closet and started draping the saree. Also she called out for her husband, yes, husband, Jigar. He groaned and she said, " Jigar, you are getting late. Get up and freshen up."

Jigar pushed the comforter off and trudged into the bathroom. Mehek chuckled at his childishness.

By the time he was done, Mehek had already draped the saree, thanking all her stars that she learnt this art way earlier and was now applying basic makeup.

Jigar entered the closet with just a towel draped on his waist. He saw Mehek was glued to the mirror and cleared his throat expecting privacy.

She turned around and screamed and then immediately closed her eyes. He was standing with just a towel around in front of her and he had the guts to demand her attention in this state of undress.

Jigar chuckled, " Well, this does clear how innocent you are."

Mehek turned brighter, " What do you want?" She had not opened her eyes, yet.

" I want to dress. Can you give me some privacy?"

Mehek nodded and moved out of the closet with her eyes closed and as predicted she banged straight into him. Jigar's rough skin touched her arms and she was tongue-tied.

Slowly she opened her eyes only to find Jigar's hands on her shoulders keeping her balance and his eyes staring at something on her face. She narrowed her eyes at him and his eyes were drawn into hers causing her eyes to widen but the eye contact was not broken.

The shrill tone of the phone disturbed their moment and Jigar grabbed the intercom in the closet. He listened to the person on the other side and put the phone down.

" We are being called downstairs."

Mehek nodded and gave him space to get ready while she carried the lipstick outside into the bedroom, now she was glued to another mirror in the room.

Jigar came outside, well dressed and Mehek was ready as well. The couple went downstairs where they had to perform Aarti together, first time in their house as a couple. As the prayer was done, Mehek was asked to prepare sweet for her first time in the kitchen.

Mehek decided on making Kheer. Her mother had taught her the best one and in the easiest way.

Meanwhile, Jigar and family sat at the dining table and the food was getting served. But they waited for the new member of the family.

As the kheer was served for everybody, Mehek waited with bated breaths, unsure of how the sweet had turned out to be. As her father-in-law, Aditya tasted the sweet his eyes closed in delight and he soon had another spoonful waiting. Mehek smiled at his response and saw the others sporting similar expressions of delight.

She was presented with a reward at the end of breakfast. She is the Annapoorna of the house and was thanked with a gold coin by her in laws.

In a similar fashion all the traditions were finished for the day and soon the relatives bid goodbye to the new couple. The house was empty and the new couple could now actually begin their life.

Jigar was waiting up for Mehek in their room after dinner while she attended to a call. He was thinking of talking to her regarding their honeymoon. Hoping, she agrees.

Mehek was a bit saddened by the thought of her inability to help her patient. She got married so fast that she could not inform all of them and when they call her now seeking help, she is utterly helpless. She entered the room and saw Jigar waiting. She went and sat beside him.

He, however, did not notice her solemn mood. He said, " I wanted to ask something. When are you ready to go on a honeymoon?"

Mehek freezed. Though Jigar had her full attention a moment before, now he had none.

" I have not thought of it. My understanding was to get a job and get settled her sooner."

" And as you settle, it will be harder to leave. This moment seems perfect to me. You are not bound by a job and I can extend my leaves."

Mehek thought for a moment and as if her mouth had lost control, " But we barely know each other. Honeymoon means intimacy. I am not comfortable with that as of now."

Jigar stilled at how she had taken to his words. Honeymoon meant intimacy to her and it was not emotional but rather physical intimacy that she thought of.

" Mehek, I will never ever force you. I hope you know that."

Mehek nodded but she could not bring herself to agree with his plans. She said, " As much as I hate to say it, I propose a new idea. You and I get back to work, get to know each other better and then go on a much deserved holiday in the next six months."

Jigar nodded, " I will consider this idea. Give me a day to think it through."

Mehek nodded and went to the bathroom to freshen up. The memories she had suppressed within trying to breakthrough her mouth.