Part 2 - Nostalgia Is My Weakness

FADE INTO:

INT. MARTY'S GARAGE - MORNING  

CAMERA CLOSES ON TICKING CLOCK showing 5 minutes till 8.

CAMERA PANS across the room, revealing a dozen more random clocks hung on the wall. They all display the same time and are ticking in DEAD SYNC.

The camera continues exploring the garage. On the walls, past the clocks are several posters of a rock band, called "THE PINHEADS". We pass a few framed newspapers, all issues from the "HILL VALLEY TELEGRAPH". They progressively become newer with each issue. Their headlines read "TRAIN ACCIDENT AFTER HOLD-UP GONE WRONG", "LIGHTNING STRIKES CLOCKTOWER", "GEORGE MCFLY HONORED", "DOCTOR EMMETT L. BROWN COMMENDED", "HIT PLAYLIST GOES PLATINUM--GO, MARTY, GO!" The wall now converts to a large bookshelf, full of books (including the complete JULES VERNE collection, THE TIME MACHINE, A MATCH MADE IN SPACE, and also THE HUNGER GAMES and more modern stories). They're ragged from wear, but none of them are dusty. We pass a counter, where a Wii video game console and a box of Wii remotes await players. A TV rests nearby. The camera zooms out a little as the TV turns on by timer. A NEWS BROADCAST is in progress, and the ANCHORMAN speaks as a picture of DR. EMMETT BROWN appears beside him.

ANCHORMAN

(on TV)
Today is the 10th anniversary of the strange disappearance of renowned scientist, Dr. Emmett L. Brown. The rumors that surround his mysterious absence are even stranger---conspiracy theorists claim that Dr. Brown has indeed discovered the secrets of time travel and is living comfortably in the 19th century. Brown's friend, rock-and-roll musician Marty McFly, claims that he still has hope for the doctor's return and refuses to open his will. Marty McFly is currently on a surprise tour with the Pinheads in Los Angeles after 8 years of retirement...

The TV noise FADES as we pass a ping-pong table in the center of the room on which a robotics kit, a stack of homework, and a backpack rest. Several electric guitars hang on the wall near the side door. The camera ZOOMS IN on the HANDLE. We hear a KEY JIGGLE in the LOCK--then the door CREAKS open.

A pair of feet in BRIGHT WHITE YEEZY TENNIS SHOES enter the room.

HALLI (O.S.)
Mom? Mom, you down here?

An XR Onewheel hoverboard slides to the floor, rolls beneath the ping-pong table, and hits a tarp. The tarp slips down, revealing a box labeled "FOR MARTY 2.0 - DO NOT OPEN UNTIL 2015"

HANDS stick a large, black plug in the outlet. We hear a HUMMING NOISE.

FINGERS flip switches, causing green lights to blink on and mechanisms to WHIR.

HANDS turn sound knobs.

A TWO-BY-FOUR-INCH MINI SCREEN comes to life, displaying virtual sound gauge needles moving steadily upward.

HANDS open a Garage Band app, open a music file full of recordings, and press record.

A HAND hovers above the strings of a blue and silver electric guitar, ready to strum.

FINGERS hesitate--then twist a second volume knob from LOW to HIGH.

CAMERA ZOOMS OUT as we see the back of a TEENAGE GIRL'S shiny black asymmetrical bob. She prepares to play her beautiful electric guitar which is connected to an ENORMOUS SPEAKER almost as tall as she is.

She raises her guitar pick so it GLIMMERS in the early morning light. Then she hits her first cord--

A HUGE EXPLOSION from the speaker lifts the girl off her feet and throws her across the room into a bean bag below the shelves of books. The shelf TOTTERS, then leans forward, showering her with science fiction novels.