Part 11 - The Power of Love

CUT TO:

EXT. CLOCK TOWER - 1985 - AFTERNOON

Halli SCREAMS as she falls into a flower bed beside the Hill Valley Clock Tower. She stands, very clumsily, brushing the dirt off. She looks about, completely disoriented, and scratches the back of her neck Marty McFly style. Finally, she enters the town square and is met by a blast from the past.  "POWER OF LOVE" plays as Halli gapes.  

EXT. TOWN SQUARE - AFTERNOON

As Halli tries to get her bearings, she notices:

the MOVIE THEATER, featuring "TEEN WOLF"

Halli starts walking across the street in a daze and is nearly hit by a Ford Thunderbird, which honks her back onto the sidewalk. She sees that

Lou's Aerobic FITNESS CENTER has taken the place of Cafe 80s, and then notices:

a "VOTE RONALD REAGAN" sign

a dilapidated "WELCOME TO HILL VALLEY" sign

a TEXACO gas station and a 7 ELEVEN where Alsups was in 2015

Halli turns around and looks up at the clocktower she just left--it's hands still point to 10:04.

She then reacts to a political car promoting the reelection of Mayor Goldie Wilson.

Trying to make sense of things, Halli pulls out her iphone--but there's no service! She hits it against her hand a few times--then she rushes to a passing WOMAN, wearing 80s style clothes.

HALLI

Excuse me, ma'am--but could you tell me the date?

WOMAN
It's the 4th.

HALLI

No--I mean, the year.

The woman gives her a look.

WOMAN

You on something, kid?

HALLI

(confused)

Why would you think that?

The woman gives Halli a suspicious glance and walks away quickly.

Halli resorts to looking in a trash can--and discovers a discarded newspaper.

INSERT: NEWSPAPER

The newspaper relays the date, "May 4th, 1985".

BACK TO:

EXT. TOWN SQUARE - 1985 - AFTERNOON

Halli clasps a hand over her mouth, suppressing a squeal.

HALLI

This is no chill! I don't even know anyone from this date...or do I?

Suddenly, her attention is caught by a TEENAGER on a skateboard, wearing a jean jacket and aviators. He stops at the Seven Eleven, pops the skateboard in his hands, and enters the convenience store. Curious as the cat right before it died, Halli follows him.