Part 6 - The DeLorean

EXT: CAFE 80s - EVENING

The cafe is a perfect corner of the past, brought to 2015. The neon sign reads: "CAFE 80s". It's a favorite for high schoolers and Millennials alike, but it looks empty now. Only one car is in the parking lot--a gray Kia.  

INT: CAFE 80s

Inside, we see loads of 80s decorum: old movie posters, colorful plastic booth seats, 80s knick-knacks, and arcade games lining the walls. The only two customers are Halli and Emmett, who share an ice cream sundae at the counter, sitting on bar stools. The sundae was covered in chocolate syrup and nuts, but it's been mostly eaten. Emmett wears a red fleece vest.

EMMETT

(mouth full)

Mm...thus us good.

HALLI

Yeah...well, we both needed a break.

The MANAGER leans on the counter between them.

MANAGER

We'll be closing in fifteen minutes.

He leaves the counter and goes back into the kitchen.

HALLI

(to Emmett)

How about a game of Galaga before we head home?

EMMETT

Ha! Sure--as long as you don't mind getting beaten!

HALLI

Whatever! You'd be singing a different tune if we were playing Wild Gunman.

They walk toward the arcade area, when they hear THREE SONIC BOOMS bang from outside the restaurant. They stop walking and turn around.

THROUGH THE WINDOW, a blur of light flashes past, followed by SCREECHING TIRES and a CRASH.

HALLI AND EMMETT continue staring out the window in shock.

CUT TO:

EXT. CAFE 80S - PARKING LOT - NIGHT

Halli and Emmett run out the door, the bell JINGLING behind them. Halli gasps.

Wrecked against a brick wall is the same DeLOREAN that we saw in the first scene of the film. It's SMOKING from beneath the hood, the headlights are BLINKING, and one of the winged doors is slightly ajar. We can barely make out a figure in the driver's seat.

BACK TO:

HALLI