Xbox Time

I tapped my headset in anticipation as I waited for Michael to get on Xbox. Maybe he's dead, yes that's probably the only correct answer. I twirled the joysticks around frantically, creating clanking noises. Then he finally answered. "Whaddup?" he asked with a groggy voice and I could hear giggling in the background. "Is that... Ashton?" I asked and Michael snorted then replied. "Yeah." Ashton shouted through the headset to me.

"Michael is daddy!"

I nearly choked on nothing. Michael yelled at Ashton and I coughed up air. Michael yelled at Ashton. "I am not daddy!" Ashton laughed and I rolled my eyes. Ashton's weird, but in a good way. He's like the young child that you adopt but it turns out he's like a man baby when you pick him up. A weird thought, but that's the only way to describe Ashton."What do you want to talk about?" Michael asked me and I snuggled into my bed.

"So the band thing..." I spoke and Michael groaned a little. "Your parents won't allow it, I know it." Michael says and I smile, that's where he's wrong. "No, I asked my parents and they are totally okay with moving to America. They say that that would be a good experience for me and stuff-"

"Don't lie to me Hood." Michael takes on his serious, low, voice. I smile and laugh. "I'm serious!" I tell him and Michael screams and I could hear his mom shout at him. He quiets down and talks. "Woah, woah, we could actually do this! We could actually make a band!" Michael's bed creaks as he jumps around, or at least I hope he's jumping around. "And Ashton can play the drums, pretty damn good too. Wow Calum this is real." Michael sounds happy, happier than he's ever been before.

"We're going to be famous." I hear Ashton speak and my phone buzzes, Luke's calling. "I'm going to tell Luke, i'll see you guys later." I leave Xbox and pick up my phone, sliding it open and answering Luke with a scream. "WE'RE GOING TO CREATE A BAND." I shout and Luke laughs. "Are you high?" He asks and I collapse back on the couch. "No, Michael, Ashton and I are going to America after school is done and then creating a band!"

"What the hell?" he sounds angry and I'm surprised. Shouldn't he be happy? Michael and I are finally going to be doing what we love, i'll be happy. "Yeah, we're going to make a band." I say again, my voice quieter and less excited. "And when were you planning on telling me about this little adventure?" I gulp and open my mouth but Luke speaks before me.

"Babe, how long we're you planning this?" he asks and I roll over on my bed, putting my phone on speaker and talking to him. "Not long. I was talking to Michael and he was telling me how his parents are moving to America and they're taking him with them, and I asked my parents and we're going-"

"Calum I can't leave Australia." Luke chuckles almost angrily. "What do you mean?" I ask and Luke sighs out. "My family is here and I was going to surprise you but I guess i'll have to tell you now." I sit up, ears perking up like a dogs. "I got into my number one college, Calum." Happiness fills my heart before I realize what this means. "Oh my god, Luke really?" I ask and it's a moment of silence before he replies, a smile within it this time.

"Congratulations! Oh my god I love you I'm so proud." I feel like a proud mother, who knew that Luke the punk boy would be able to get into his number one college? But Michael and I's plans, what are we going to do? It's silence between Luke and I for a long time, longer than needed. "I'm so fucking sorry, Calum." I let out a dry laugh. "Why are you sorry?" I ask and Luke sighs out again then responds. "I should've told you earlier."

I roll my eyes. "That doesn't matter, you're going to fucking college!" I smile and Luke laughs a little. I hear someone shout his name up to him and some bed sheets ruffle. "I got to go babe, i'll come by your house tomorrow. I love you." The words send shivers down my spine and sends heat into my cheeks. "I love you too. Bye." We both hang up and I toss my phone onto the bed.

What am I going to do? Go with my best friend and continue out dreams? Or stay with my true love in a place I love? Two major life choices that most people don't get to choose between, so it's up to me to chose wisely.