I Need You

The next morning Michael said he was having trouble finding a girlfriend and he asked for my help. I took it the wrong way and I started to panic. He knows about me and Luke! Of course he does Michael knows everything!

I just have to lie to him. Again. "Why do you need my help?" I asked too defensively and my hands are shaking. "Calm down, I just need some advice." Michael held up his pale hands in surrender. I tried to calm myself down but I could hear my heart through my chest and I could hear all of my blood pumping through my ears.

I tried to distract myself by trying to give Michael some actual advice. I only had one girlfriend before I knew I was gay and she totally hated me after I told her. Her name is Felicia but I don't remember her last name, and I'm glad I don't. I'm over her.

"Maybe you could talk to people?" I suggested. Michael scrunched his nose up in disgust as if the thought of social contact made him cringe. And to be honest, it does. I had to force Michael to be my friend in kindergarten which wasn't easy let me tell you.

"I can't talk to people especially," Michael paused and looked around. He lowered his voice and continued. "Girls." I rolled my eyes. Even I can talk to girls! How is so hard for straight boys to talk to girls? Why is hard for straight boys to do anything?

"Okay listen Michael, you need to get your flat butt off of your depressing bed and go talk to people." I told him as I popped my last tator tot in my mouth. Michael faked a sad face. "Can you maybe... give me a date?" Michael asked with puppy dog eyes and a pouty mouth. I raised both eyebrows. "As in set you up? No way." I shook my head.

Michael is my best friend but I can't go as far as getting him a girlfriend. He needs to experience these things on his own like the rest of us hormonal teenagers.

At the end of the day I had to tutor Luke yet again but this time I wasn't as frightened by him. Maybe he wasn't that bad of guy but I will not let him kiss me again, not today, not now, not ever. I gave myself a little pep talk outside of the classroom then walked in.

But Luke wasn't there.

Every chair is empty. "Luke?" I asked awkwardly. I walked further into the classroom but I saw no sign of anyone being here. Then the lights flickered off. I jumped and whipped my head around.

"Hello?" I ask to no one. Chills went down my spine and I gripped harder onto my backpack straps until my fingers turned red. The door slammed shut and I screamed. (Okay, maybe it was a squeal.)

It was Friday the 13th today and that didn't help the fact that some freaky stuff is going on. A low booming laughed echoed throughout the empty school halls and then I ran further into the room, scared stiff.

"CALUUUUUUM!" the voice yelled, but I knew who it was. I recognized that voice. It's Luke Hemmings. I stopped freaking out and then Luke walked in laughing. He stumbled into the room slapping his knee has if me being terrified is the funniest thing in the world. "HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th!!" Luke shouted into a microphone and I cringed away from him.

When Luke didn't see me smile he stopped. With my arms crossed I held back tears. "What's the matter with you?" I asked and I pushed him away as I stormed out of the room. I slammed the door behind Luke but he quickly opened it, following me.

"Calum! Calum hey come on wait up!" Luke ran up to me and looked me in the eyes. He grabbed my arm and spun me toward him. "Let me go." I growled. I haven't felt this angry and humiliated in a long time. "I'm sorry Calum. I really am, let me make it up to you by taking you out tonight? My treat?" Luke asked with a smile on his face.

His lip ring was even more visible when he's smiling and I tried my best to hide my smile. I ducked my head down and remembered I was angry. "Why did you do that?" I asked him. Luke rubbed the back of his head with his hand and looked down on me with innocent eyes. "I used to prank all of my teachers on Friday the 13th, or Halloween. Used to scare them a lot, but I feel bad now." Luke jutted out his lip and I smiled with my lips still pressed together, not wanting to reveal anything to him.

I twisted side to side and looked up at Luke. "Free dinner?" I asked him with both of my eyebrows raised.

I made him take me to McDonalds. Luke ordered for me while I sat at a booth by a kids playground with a couple of annoying kids on there and one curly haired teenager sitting in a giant tube. I squinted my eyes and I recognize that boy, he goes to our school I think.

I was about to go talk to him when Luke plopped down into the booth opposite me and hand me my burger. I snapped out of it and dug into my burger.

Through a mouthful of food I grumbled out a "Thanks." Luke smirked as he bit into a fry staring at me. I finished off my burger then sipped on my soda. "I really need to tutor you you know. The teachers are going to be mad at me when you are still failing your grades." I set my coke down with an hollow sounding clunk.

Luke raised an eyebrow. "Failing? I wouldn't say I was failing-"

"Then why do you need me to teach you?" I asked with both of my eyebrows raised to prove my point. Luke sunk into the leather seat and crossed his arms and I couldn't help but laugh.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket and when I looked I saw that my mom texted me.

You should be home by now.

I let out a long sigh and clicked off my phone. "What?" Luke asked sitting up. "I have to go home. My mom is worried." I waved my phone in the air indicating that she texted me. Luke nodded and threw away our stuff and sloppily set our tray back. "I'll drive you home." Luke told me taking out his car keys.

"No you shouldn't." I told him. If my parents saw Luke in my car they would freak out. Because 1) he looks like he could easily rob a bank and kill a man with one hand and 2) they don't know I'm gay. If they see a boy drop me off they will certainly be suspicious.

My house isn't that far away anyway. I can just walk. "Luke Its okay I'll walk home." I told him and already started to walk away. I was surprised when Luke didn't stop me. I was so tempted to turn my head around, but I just kept walking.

When I opened the door to my house my mom is pacing around the living room. "Oh dear heavens!" she shouted when she saw me. My mom ran over and pulled me into a hug as tight as an anaconda's grip. I tried to squirm away but she held tight.

"Don't you ever do that again!" she shouted and finally let me go. "Your father had to work late. So I have to punish you. Go to your room." She pointed at the floor. I shrugged. I love my room, video games, wifi, a TV, my guitar, it's practically heaven.

When I went downstairs I climbed out of my clothes and went to bed in my underwear. Right when I was about to fall asleep, Luke texted me.

I really need you