Smile

The day I cried the most was the day I was supposed to be the happiest. It was freshman year, my first prom. I didn't know that I was gay, or I just didn't openly tell anyone. So anyway, it was prom night and I was dancing with my date who was Felicia at the time. She really seemed to like me but I didn't know if I felt the same way.

So we were slow dancing and then people started calling me names and then Felicia started to laugh, yeah she laughed with them. So I ran away and cried in the boys bathroom and no one came. Bullies suck. The reason why I am thinking about it is because it's that anniversary today. They change the prom date every year thank god, so I won't have to relive that tragic event.

I couldn't focus on my school work or anything. "What's got your panties in a twist?" Luke came up to me later that day as I was walking home. "Nothing." I grumbled. Luke snorted. "Yeah, very believable." But I wasn't smiling. Luke stopped me in my tracks. "What's wrong? Did some bully you? Because if they did I swear to god I'll-" Luke started to get mad.

"Its something stupid okay." I kicked at some pebbles with my vans. "Nothing you say is stupid Calum." Luke grabbed my shoulders. "It was prom and people were making fun of me, okay? Laugh all you want." I tried to escape Luke's tight grip. "Calum that's terrible." Luke told me with actual pure sympathy. I looked up at him. "Yeah. I was dancing and they started making fun of me and-"

"Okay enough is enough." Luke grabbed my hand and took me to my house. He knew the drill and let my hand go once we went inside. I felt horrible sneaking around like this and since my parents didn't even know I was gay it was even worse. Luke led me to my own bedroom and scanned through my cd collection. He pulled out an old piano cd that used to be my grandmas and popped it in.

He grabbed both of my hands and started to slow dance with me. "Luke-" I felt uncomfortable. "Shhhh, you'll ruin the magic." Luke whispered in my ear and I rolled my eyes with a smile. "What are you doing?" I asked him as I gripped onto his back. "Re creating your prom. But it will be better than the last one." Luke kissed my forehead. I went with it and rested my head in his neck.

We danced like that for a while and it felt nice. The longer it went on the tighter I gripped onto Luke, like a security blanket. It was nighttime and a Friday, so Luke just stayed over. We were laying in my bed talking, facing each other. No lights were on and no moon to be seen. It was just me and Luke. He would gently grab my hand and play with it which made me smile.

"I like you." Luke kissed it and I smiled. "I like you too." Luke looked guilty of something. I stared at him, his mind looked like it was debating whether or not to tell me something. "I, um, have to tell you something." Luke gripped my hand it started to sweat. "Alright." I held it back.

"I haven't told my parents or my sister, that I'm gay." I nodded. Luke looked up at me, biting his lip ring. "Luke that's fine." I brushed it off. I never told him the same thing about me, I didn't know how. But I will tell Luke and my parents some day, just not today.

I guess I'm too afraid.

shameless self promotion right now. So I have been working on this punk Michael Clifford story for awhile and I'm really proud of it.

It's called 12:20 and when I publish it I was hoping you could check it out maybe, yes? Okay I'll go now bye.