Smells Like Teen Sluts

At the end of school there was an announcement on the overhead speaker thingy. "Prom is coming up, so make sure you get a date!" reminding all of the lonely kids that they're chance of public humiliation is coming up soon by not having a date. I have Luke who's taking me, speaking of Luke he never showed up for school.

Michael was talking to a girl with neon red hair, and with Michael's green hair it looked like Christmas threw up on them. I watched them flirt with each other and when the girl slipped a piece of paper in Michael's hand, he immediately ran back to me.

"Hey! Look Calum I got a girls number!" he waved the paper in front of my face. I smiled at him and patted his back. "I'm proud of you." I told him and Michael wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

He turned his snap back around on his head and strutted outside with me. His green day shirt with the sleeves purposely cut off looked extremely punk against my blue flannel. But that's why he's my friend, because he's so incredibly creative, and I'm so normal we keep each other grounded.

Michael and I walked to his house since he wanted to show me this new game he got called Alien Invasion, some straight guy game. "Dude, it's incredible." Michael popped the disk into his Xbox and his giant tv lit up.

I watched him play it, swear, scream, and slam his controller against the cushions of the couch. His mom yelled at him, and I laughed.

I went home around 5:00 and I figured Luke was gone by now. But when I ran downstairs I found him sitting on the floor, blasting Nirvana. Smells Like Teen Spirit is playing and Luke is bobbing along to the beat. I sat next to him.

"Hey you." He kissed me quickly. The song changed to Lithium but Luke changed it back to the original song. "Why'd you change it?" I asked him. Luke picked up the cd with the naked baby on it and shrugged. "I'm not a fake fan, I promise. Nirvana is literally my favorite band. I was just trying to figure out why the radio chose to play this song."

"Because, that's the song that can mean anything to anybody. It can be an awful song to some people, or an amazing song to others. It can either be Smells Like Teen Spirit or Smells Like Teen Sluts." Luke nodded with a smile. "What?" I asked him. "You're too smart for me." Luke leaned against me and I rested my head on his own.

"You need to go home." I ordered him. I got off of Luke and yanked him up. "You smell like a teen slut, get out of here." I pointed toward the door. Luke rolled his eyes and I smiled innocently. "I still didn't forget my punishment for you." Luke whispered in my ear and then ran upstairs, leaving me all hot and bothered.

-

I went to sleep without any dinner. I wasn't hungry. Mom keeps checking on me and I keep hearing my dad yell at her. "LAURA! LEAVE OUR SON ALONE! HE JUST HAS HORMONAL ISSUES THAT'S ALL!" is my favorite so far.

Soon, life upstairs was quiet and I could finally go to sleep. I closed my eyes, and Dean Winchester popped into my mind. Big and muscular, sarcastically perfect. I fell asleep to the image of shirtless Dean. (Supernatural is life.)

When I woke up at 4:00 am, I screamed. There is someone looking in my window at the top of the stairs. I pulled the covers up, covering my upper half and saw that the man is Michael.

In anger I flipped him off and Michael gave me a thumbs up. He opened the door and climbed inside. He tiptoed downstairs and sat on my bed. "You are such an idiot." I smacked him. Michael smiled. "I have a question, Claire is at my house. What should I do?" he asked.

I raised my eyebrows at him. "She's at your house at 4:00 o'clock am?" I asked. Michael nodded and rubbed his hands against his black jeans. "I think she wants to have sex." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not in the mood Michael, if she wants to have sex then have sex. What kind of advice do you expect me to give at 4:00?" Michael groaned and stood up. "Thanks." He said sarcastically and went away.

I pulled out my phone since once I'm awake I can't go back to bed. Luke texted me once but it was only the wink face emoji.

I knew what was coming.