𝙤𝙣𝙚

𝙍𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙮 𝘿𝙖𝙮𝙨

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Reyna loved rainy days. Something about them always made her feel special. She didn't know if it was because rainy and Reyna sounded similar or by reading romance novels, watching romcoms with the iconic kiss in the rain was something she has always longed for. Rainy days always gave her hope that the next days will be better.

On the other side, Matt hated rainy days. It didn't help with his seasonal depression and he felt like he would be stuck all day inside. The only good thing about rainy days was Reyna. She always found a way to make it to the Sturniolo household on a rainy day, she loved spending her favorite type of day with her favorite people.

Through the years Reyna and her family have come to the Sturniolo house for a sense of family that they never found in their own home.

Mary Lou sometimes felt like she had 10 kids instead of 4 and she didn't mind. She loved having all the kids around, she especially loved Reyna. Reyna was like the daughter she never had and she loved spoiling Reyna, just like she says "Reyna is spanish for queen... treat her like such,"

Reyna never had a mother figure in her life and Mary Lou was proud to be the one to fill that spot, and so was Reyna.

All the Sturniolos loved Reyna and she loved the Sturniolos, but there was a different kind of infatuation between Matt and Reyna.

Ever since the 3rd grade when they met because she fell and scraped her knee and he was there to save her. When in 8th grade she had her first little heartbreak and ran over to Matt, when Reyna was accidentally outed and he never left her side, or when in junior year when she was stressing over SATs and he was there terrified as well but alongside her or the moment he saw Reyna and his mom gushing over prom dresses, or the moment he saw her walk out with her cap and gown and he was stunned.

All these little moments had let up to the realization that Matthew Sturniolo was in love with Reyna Pleitez.

It didn't need to be something spoken, he didn't even tell his siblings, he knew what he felt and he was terrified.

He would do anything for her, and she knew that.

He just needed a way to get over these feelings.

They had been friends for so long, their families were connected at this point, he couldn't do much about it, so he decided to suppress the feelings, and ignore them until maybe they went away, but they kept on getting stronger and stronger.

He never knew what she felt towards him, but he wanted to know so bad. He needed to know.

Matt sat quietly looking out the window, looking at how the rain hit his window. He thought about all the outcomes that could ever happen with Reyna when suddenly she sat down next to him with a bowl of popcorn.

"Ready for our dcom marathon?" Reyna said as Diego, her brother walked in groaning, next to Nick.

"dcom?" Matt looked at the girl as she grabbed a blanket and covered both of them up. "Disney Channel Original Movie," Reyna said laughing and looking at her brother who had just sat down next to Matt.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Matt said as she snuggled into him smiling up at him.

"Where yall about to start without us?" Chris asked as he and Elmer walked in. "No! Never!" Reyna said as her cousin, Elmer sat next to her.

"Enough with the frantics, let's just start the damn movies," Nick said as they all laughed but he rolled his eyes. Chris turned to Reyna laughing at his brother's vocabulary. Reyna laughed and scooted closer to Matt.

Reyna rested her head on Matt's shoulders as butterflies erupted from his stomach just from her small action.

The only thing they had in common about rainy days is that they both loved spending them together.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

hi! this is like an intro to rainy days and ngl i love love it, it took me a while to get to look like i wanted but i think it came out soooo gooood