𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Matt smiled as he watched Reyna dance with her younger siblings.
"Stop staring at my sister," Diego said and turned to look at Nick to see if he liked his joke.

Nick smiled and nodded, while Diego leaned in and kissed his cheek.
"Stop staring at my brother," Matt said annoyed, and turned back to look at Rey.

"You should go talk to her," Chris said actually being helpful.

"You think?"

"Yeah, maybe we can start getting things back to normal," Chris said as Matt nodded, agreeing.
He stood up and walked closer to the group, fixing his hair and suit whilst waking.

"Matt!" Anna said as she grabbed Matt's hands dragging him to dance with them. 

"Wow... you're kinda bad," Anna said causing Reyna to burst out laughing while Matt gasped.

The little girl laughed at both of their reactions.
"My brother dances better than you! and he is 7!" Anna said making Reyna laugh louder causing Matt to laugh in the process.

"It's true," Reyna agreed making Matt's mouth fall agape.
"Look who is talking?" 

"Excuse me, Bernard, I am amazing at dancing," Reyna said with a teasing smile.
"Are you guys boyfriend and girlfriend?" Javier asked as they quickly turn to the smaller boy.

One thing you can always count on is for kids to make shit awkward.

But thank God. 
They both took the comment as a joke.

"No, but she wishes," Matt said crunching down a little to be on his level. Javier laughs as does Anna.

"That's such a lie!" Reyna said as her cheeks burned red. Matt turned confused by her reaction, and so was she.

Suddenly Sparks by Cold Play started playing around the backyard.
Reyna instantly smiled at the song as Matt remembered a conversation they had about the song.

───

it was late at night.
Matt was driving Reyna home after a marathon of movies.

They sat in silence.
The comfortable one.

Sparks by Cold Play playing in the background. Reyna sighed and said.
"I'm definitely playing this song at my wedding," She turned to Matt.

He quickly looked at her and then back at the road.
"but when this part comes on, I'll look at you," Reyna said as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What part-"

"Shh, it's coming!" 

But I promise you this
I'll always look out for you
Yeah, that's what I'll do

She sang along while looking at Matt. 
Matt's body shivered as he tried to focus on the road.

He was eager to give the girl a hug as she kept singing the song, looking outside.

───

Matt extended his arm to her, asking her to dance.
She nodded.

Once he placed her hands on her waist, and she placed hers behind his head, they started swaying to the song.

"Do you remember what we talked about that one time," Reyna asked, as he nodded.

"I don't think I can play this song at my wedding now," Reyna admitted as he looked down at her confused. They seemed to be getting closer by the second.

"It reminds me too much of you...might as well be our song," She whispered the last part looking down and then back at him.

"You should still do," Matt said giving her another sad smile.

They swayed in silence whilst the whole group watched in awe.
Other couples started dancing around them.

They kept looking directly at each other. 
Not having to say much...

But I promise you this
I'll always look out for you
Yeah, that's what I'll do

This time Matt lipsynced the lyrics while looking at her.
She underestimated what Matt was to her.

Maybe she did like him...

"Reyna... Even if we are in a... weird place right now. I want you to know that I love you. I always will. As a friend and sometimes as a little more than that," Matt said as she took a long breath in.

"I love you, Matt, I always have and always will," She said smiling up at him.

Matt noticed that this time, she didn't say 'as a friend'

He leaned his forehead on hers, something they used to do a lot as kids when Matt used to have panic attacks.

"Thanks, Matt, for always being there for me,"

"Anything for you Rey,"

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

I think I'm going to make a playlist for this book lol 
SPARKS IS SO SAD BRO
I was listening to sparks by Coldplay while writing this chapter and I'm so sad rn lol

I based the song part ( the part in the car) on a friend I used to have lol
that hurt a little

lol, this chapter made me sad...
all the chapters in this story make me sad except for like 4 lol

lol I'm going on a trip this weekend so I won't update the story 
sorry