𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

(long chap)
────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

They were all surprised and concerned about how well Reyna seemed to hide her emotions. She was smiling and laughing with everybody as if nothing had happened. On some occasions when she seemed spaced you could tell. 

You could tell something was off. 

It wasn't a party but there were a few people in the house. 
A couple of high school friends and of course Lilah. 

Lilah and Reyna had been inseparable the whole night, and it was obvious that it was more than friendship, and Matt was not excited at all. 

Reyna walked over to Matt with Lilah
"Who invited Nicole?" Reyna whispered as he looked down at her confused

"Nobody did..." He said looking around to spot her.
"Well she is here, she just said happy birthday to me," Reyna said annoyed

"Who is Nicole?" Lilah asked looking at both of them. Matt looked at her but didn't answer.
"Matt's ex," Reyna stated annoyed.

"She hated me because she thought that Matt was in love with me," Reyna said looking around as Lilah and Matt share a look. 

The look meant something for both of them, something Lilah did not like, and neither did Matt.
"Oh shit, I'll be right back," Reyna said as she walked away after seeing someone she wanted to say hi to.

Matt and Lilah sat in awkward silence.

"Could we clear the air?" Lilah asked as Matt raised his eyebrow.
"What do you mean?"  Matt asked folding his arms in front of his chest. 

"Why don't you like me?" Lilah asked and shrugged "Because it's pretty obvious you don't like me,"

"Why does it matter if I like you or not?" Matt asked as she scoffed.

"You clearly mean a lot to Reyna... and Reyna means a lot to me, and in the future... I hope I mean a lot to her too," Lilah explained looking around to see if anybody was looking.

Matt's expression softened.
He knew the reason he didn't like Lilah. 

and it was because he was in love with Reyna, but he couldn't admit that out loud. 
"Just promise me that you won't break her heart," Matt said and sighed 
Lilah nodded and smiled.

"I would never," Lilah said truthfully. 

──

Matt sat next to Diego and Elmer talking about the current situation and how the triplets and Elmer were leaving for LA in a week. 

"I feel like we should stay," Matt said looking at Diego, who nodded his head no.
"Dude LA is like for work, Reyna and I will be fine," Diego said patting Matt on the back.

"I know you worry about her, but she's going to be fine... She is tougher than she looks," Diego said looking at Matt and smiling. Matt looked over to Reyna who was laughing alongside Lilah, Nick, and Alahna.