𝙩𝙚𝙣

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Reyna opened the door to her house with Matt and Diego. Matt drove them there. This was the first time in like 4 years that Matt was inside their house.

Matt had no idea why but Reyna asked him to come with them.
"Pa?" Reyna said looking around and then back at Matt.

"He said he was going to be here," Reyna said and shrugged. She turned back around because she didn't want Matt to see her cry.

She wasn't super close to her dad, She never was. He wasn't a perfect dad, far from that, but she wasn't a good daughter either. He always tried his best to maintain his two kids. He had two jobs and barely slept. Paycheck to paycheck.

Somewhere along the way, he fell into addiction and an abusive pattern. Reyna did not help at all. Most of the time Diego did not care, his way of suppressing trauma is just by letting it happen and trying not to get involved, but Reyna was quick to call him out.

Whenever he screamed, she screamed back, louder. She wasn't scared to call him out. However, Diego was. Every time she screamed back, their dad seemed to get madder. Until one day Diego had to get in between them because they were getting a little too heated.

The next morning Diego appeared at school with a bruise on his eye, for protecting his little sister. After that their relationship was never the same. If Diego was closed off before that, he was even more closed off now.

"we can leave now I guess," Reyna said as the back door opened.
They all turned to the door. Their dad walks in Reyna smiles shyly and goes over to hug him.

She hated him. She truly did. For what he did to her brother, and maybe he was the reason their mom left, but at the end of the day, he was her dad.
"I have a surprise for you," He said as she smiled and turned to her brother and Matt.

The door opens once more to reveal their mom.
"what are you doing here?" Reyna was speechless. Matt and Diego quickly walk up to them.

Reyna reaches out for Matt's hand. He squeezes letting her know that he is here for him.

───

After seeing her mother. She was absolutely destroyed.

She bolted once her mother tried to explain everything. She grabbed Matt by the hand and dragged him outside.

Diego stayed but Reyna decided that she would leave. She couldn't stand being in the same house as her. So she left.

As soon as she made her way into the Sturniolo household she went to hug her one of her most important support systems. Mary Lou.

As soon as she saw her crying she ran to her and hugged her and Chris, Nick, Alahna, and Elmer asked what was happening.

Matt filled them in.
"I'm so sorry," Reyna said as Mary Lou rubbed her back.

"it's not your fault," Nick said rubbing her back as well. They have never seen her so messed up.
"Today, was supposed to be happy, and then this?" Reyna said through her sobs.

They all felt terrible but had no idea of what to do.

"Do you want us to cancel the dinner?" Nick said as she thought for a second.

"Let me think about it," Reyna said as they nodded

───

Reyna sat in between Nick and Matt. They were watching Mean girls, one of Reyna's favorite movies, trying to get her mind off things when Diego walked in.

They all looked at him. Nobody said anything. They paused the movie and stared at him. He walked over to Reyna and Nick.

He hugged them both and started crying.
The group's heart dropped. Reyna had only seen her brother cry once before and it was when their father hit him.

Nick looked at Reyna with a worried look on his face as Diego pulled Nick closer, basically crying on his chest.

"What happened?" Reyna asked as she rubbed his back.

Diego sat between them and wiped his tears. "I... She is leaving again in a couple of days," Diego said looking at Reyna.

"If you want to make peace with the whole situation, you better do it quickly," Diego said to Reyna.

Tears streamed down her face as she tried to calm down.

───

Reyna sat in Nick's bed next to Alahna as they did their makeup. Nick was picking an outfit.

"We can still cancel Rey," Alahna said looking at Reyna and grabbing her hand.

"No... I need to get my mind off it. At least for tonight," Reyna said smiling

"And besides you guys all worked so hard, especially Mary Lou," Reyna said looking at Nick who had a proud smile on his face.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────
lol

I didn't know if I wanted to write this bc I didn't want to bring too much family drama into the fanfiction so I did the least I can ig.
do yall like the family drama or no?

and i feel like this was so unnecessarily long but what do ik

oh and sorry i havnet posted im currently moving sooooo soorrryyy