Chapter 3

We walked in silence on a dirt path. At times forestry would be on either side or fields with crops would stretch out into the horizon. It was nice and relaxing at first, getting to hear the rhythmical sound of our paced footsteps. Along with birds chirping from branches above. I'm a young adult living in 2022 though so i got bored of this pretty fast.

It became almost painful listening to the same repeating sounds over and over again. Giyuu obviously didn't mind it but i sure as hell fucking did.

I wasn't going to bother try communicating with him. It would've been soundless nonsense at an attempt to make signs with our hands. So I did the next best thing when communication was out of the question.

I reached into my bag and pulled out my phone along with my airpods. Giyuu had noticed this and side eyed my movements. I could feel his gaze on me but pretended not to notice. I wanted to see his reaction to a cell phone. I theorized that it would've been like showing sprite to a victorian child.

I put my airpods in and turned on my phone. His reaction was the most emotion he had shown yet. To say the least, this dude was absolutely flabbergasted. He stared at my phone wide eyes and eyebrows raised with his mouth slightly open as i unlocked my screen and clicked on spotify.

I snorted a bit not caring to hide my amusement at his face. He looked at me a bit offended for laughing at him and i started laughing quietly.

He looked back in my phone completely confused and amazed and said something. I tilted my head at him still chuckling and he sighed. He just gestured to my phone basically saying 'what the fuck?'.

Jesus christ this was priceless, i just started laughing more at his dumbfounded look on his face.

I looked back at my phone and saw 'no service'. Right I'm in the middle of nowhere in the early 1900's.

I pulled the journal out of my bag and quickly wrote that my phone had service and fast networking wherever i was.

Putting back the journal i looked at my phone and low and behold, it had 5 bars and 5G data.

"Yes!" I exclaimed quietly and made a small celebratory gesture with my hand. I pressed play on my playlist and finally relaxed a little. My favorite song came on and i once again made a little celebratory gesture. Could this be going any better? I think i might have main character privilege.

I noticed Giyuu staring at me confused again and i smiled at him. I took an airpod out, cleaned it with my shirt and handed it to him. He wasn't too sure what to do with it though so i gestured for him to get closer.

I grabbed his chin lightly and turned his head. I fit the airpod into his ear and let go of his chin. He turned forward and lightly furrowed his eyebrows at the new sensation in his ear. I gave him a thumbs up reassuring him. I didn't want to overwhelm him right away by blasting music into his ear so i made sure to lower the volume before pressing play.

As the song played every few lines i would turn the volume up. I would pay attention to any signs of discomfort from him whenever i did but he seemed to ease into the growing volume just fine.

I left it at a respectable volume, a bit lower than what i normally listen at but i didn't want to overwhelm him. I turned my eyes back at the road ahead and starting nodding my head to the song's beat.

Giyuu seemed to be paying attention to what i was doing because eventually he started nodding his head too. He looked like he was enjoying the song so i couldn't help but slightly smile. I like sharing my interests to other people and when they like it it makes me happy. To be honest i could ramble on and on about certain topics i really like but some people find it annoying so i usually restrain myself. It's refreshing seeing someone else enjoy my tastes.