Chapter 5

Giyuu looked at me in suprised.

"I thought you didn't know how to speak Japanese?"

"Geez you didn't even say hello back" i laughed, "And i didn't, but i went to work a bit ago and told my boss about all of this, she asked me why i didn't just write in the journal that i could understand, speak and write in Japanese fluently. And i had a moment of stupidity and realization."

"Oh." He said, realization hitting him to. "Wait a minute though how do you know my lastname? I never told you it." He looked at me warily.

Oh shit that's right he never directly told me his name. I looked at him blankly, contemplating my options of telling him the truth or making up a lie. It seemed i had taken a bit too long as Giyuu looked around and shifted uncomfortably under my gaze. I decided to go with the truth, he'd find out anyway.

"So I didn't exactly mention this before but i know a lot about your universe. Including the names of demons, hashiras, demon slayers, Kagaya. In my universe, your universe is just a book series and a show. I thought your universe was only fictional and didn't exist but i guess i was wrong as im here now. Thinking about it now that means my universe can also be entertainment for another universe. This could all be a plot for a book or a show. But i don't think too much of it and neither should you."

Giyuu stared at me, mouth open a bit and looking a bit concerned and traumatized. I stared back at him a bit uncomfortable and unsure what to do.

"Yeah.. uhm anyways are you making breakfast-" i check my phone, "or lunch.."

"Uhm.. lunch."

"Right right.."

We both shifted uncomfortably. This was annoying and i wasn't going to let things get awkward so soon.

"Okay fuck this i hate awkward silence, i can do comfortable silence like the walk yesterday but this is cringe as hell. So lets get to know each-other properly. And we're both going to pretend like i know nothing about you alright?"

"Okay."

"Right okay so introductions, I'm l/n y/n, normally your name goes before your last name but yeah. Anyways im 20 years old, I'm a college student in California. I study forensic sciences. Im from the year 2022. I speak english, spanish, and Japanese now i guess. And this is my new cat Cheesestick but you already know that." I said holding up Cheesestick who meowed at Giyuu.

"Tomioka Giyuu."

He didn't say anything after that.

"Oh come on man, we're going to be roommates, give me more than just that."

"Fine. Im 21 years old, i am the water hashira, though i wasn't supposed to be." He whispered that last part, "I live in Japan, i only speak Japanese and i don't study anything."

"Okay cool cool, by the way im not really used to people calling me by my last name unless im in trouble so just call me by my first name."

"Alright." He focused again on making onigiri. I walked over to him and watched him make it. He noticed my staring and spoke.

"Would you like some?"

"Holy fuck yes, I've been eating nothing but instant noodles and im pretty sure its taken like 35 years off my life span." My mouth watered at the thought of finally getting to eat something else other than microplastic infused noodles.

Giyuu chuckled at my reply to my suprise. I thought this dude was like super cold and closed off.
"Alright but you have to give me something in return. Food and a place to sleep isn't free you know."