Chapter 24

A warm beam of light filled into the shack. The soft sound of birds chirping from forest. The sun light had hit my face directly. Talk about bad luck.  I groaned slightly and opened my eyes before immediately closing them from the sudden light. I could feel something slightly tug at my uniform.

I sat up and slowly opened my eyes, letting my vision adjust to the brightness that now filled the old room. I heard something slightly groan and shift beside me. Turning my head i saw Y/n. They were still slightly grabbing my uniform, their face frowning slightly in their sleep. I tensed a bit realizing how close they had been, just like the previous night.

I frowned slightly, remembering it all. Not just yesterday but since they arrived. Since the moment they just waltzed into my life unexpectedly. I hadn't thought anything of them other than some arranged roommate. Hell i didn't plan on talking to them at all. But god never really is on my side i suppose.

I gently took their hand off of my uniform and got up. The sun was still rising, if we leave no we should get to the next town in a few hours.

I reached down to Y/n. They looked peaceful, i almost felt bad waking them up. Gently, i shook their shoulder. They groaned distastefully and blinked their eyes open. I softened my gaze as their eyes met mine. I couldn't help but look at them like this. It was as if my body had its own will around them. As much as i tried to keep myself professional, the urge was too strong. They talked to me so casually and i was just so curious about them.

They smiled at me, "Morning Tomioka." Why did you have to be so sweet y/n. I want to hate you for it. For making me feel and care a way i vowed i never would again. But i just can't. No matter what, as much as i tell myself to not get close, i still did.

I looked down a bit, ashamed of myself. "Morning." I got back up and they followed my actions, fixing up their own uniform.

"We should just leave this stuff here, i don't have enough room to carry it and it might be useful for any other members thats travel through here." They said, glancing around the room before looking at me. I nodded in agreement.

Kanzaburou stretched his wings and flew off to the motorcycle. I glanced at y/n to see them pick up Cheesestick and place him in their bag. I started walking off to the motorcycle.

"Hey don't you want to eat breakfast?" Y/n called out to me. I shook my head no.

"We should get going." I said blandly.

"Alright." They muttered. They jogged off past me and reached the bike before i did. I reached for my helmet and placed it on. Before Y/n could clip the straps on, i did it myself. I hate to admit that i liked when they did it for me. I like talking to them, being around them, feeling their touch, but i have to stop.

I can't let myself keep getting attached. Its bad as it is now that I've discovered my new feelings. I can fix this though.

Y/n said nothing to me as we both got on the bike. I didn't want to grab them. I didn't want to touch them. So i just firmly placed my hands on the side of their waist.

Kanzaburou landed on my shoulder and we drove off silently. I didn't want to say anything. Y/n didn't either i guess. As relieved as i was, it still made me upset. A part of me wanted Y/n to talk to me like usual but the rest of me said that it was better this way. It was better off like this and we would both forget about each other. That we'd stop caring for the other and go back to being just roommates. Yet it hurt so fucking bad. I didn't want us to go back to being roommates. I wanted more from this. I wanted to selfishly like Y/n as if everyone i get close too doesn't end up dead. It hurts to act like a stranger to them but i have to.

"Hey you alright? You've been kind of off since we woke up." Y/n said, a worried hint in their tone. It pained me to worry them. They got attached to me too and here i am, about to rip all connections in this relationship.