Chapter 23

I felt a warm embrace tighten around me. Slowly opening my eyes, my vision adjusted to the lighter surroundings. I was confused at first as to where i was, a haze clouding my mind. In a moment, it cleared up as i started to wake up completely. Right i was in a hotel room, patrolling with Giyu. We had some drinks last night but nothing bad happened.

Remembering Giyu that's when I realized the situation i was in. Last night i had fallen asleep, Giyu hugging me from behind. I have no idea how much the alcohol had affected him but im guessing quite a bit since he made the move.

We must've shifted overnight because while we were still in each other's embrace, we are much closer than last night. We were facing each other now. His arm was grasping my waist, practically caging me in. My own arm was draped over his shoulder. His leg laid between mine. Our faves were only a few centimeters apart. Our noses were nearly touching. Fuck what i'd give to be able to kiss him here and now.

Giyu was still asleep, his face was relaxed as he breathed softly. His hair was somewhat messy and frizzy. The dumbass slept in his uniform, though his haori was half discarded. Despite his uncomfortable sleepwear choice though, he looked at peace. Christ even while sleeping he looks incredibly pretty.

I smiled softly at him. I want to wake up every morning to this sight. Every day i want to open my eyes and see him first over all. I want the sun and the moon to be jealous of Giyu, for being the first and last view i see every day and every night. I want the world to envy me for having the privilege of seeing him first and last. I want to enrage others knowing they'll never be where i am.

I couldn't help but to give him a light kiss on his forehead. Maybe it was an affectionate instinct, or maybe i just really wanted to but it doesn't matter.

I reached my hand up and caressed his hair for a bit. He slightly stirred in his sleep but did not wake up. I moved my hand away and figured it was time to get up.

I took Giyu's arm off of me as gently as i could, shimming towards the edge of the bed so i could sit up. I yawned and stretched my arms out, looking around the room. Cheesestick was still asleep somehow. If anything he probably woke up at 3 am and ran around, tiring himself out before going back to sleep.

I walked over and gave him some light pats. I'll buy him some food once im done changing. I walked over to the dresser by my side of the bed and grabbed my clothes. Quickly and silently i went in the bathroom, closing the door and changing. I stepped back out and to my relief neither Giyu or Cheesestick were awake.

I left a small note on the dresser next to Giyu stating I'd be going out and i'd be back later. I got some cash from the journal and quietly walked out of the room.

I was surprised to see quite a few people going about through the hotel's hallways. It was sunrise and none of them looked like workers. A few i even recognized from last night, drinking in the lobby or at the bar.

I hadn't brought my sword with me because really what need was there. It was sun rise so any possible demons would've been dead or hidden by now.

I walked out of the hotels and went down the street. There were a few shops open though most of them were selling trinkets and such. Not that i don't love trinkets but it just wasn't what I'm looking for right now.

I reached a stand that was putting up fish onto ice. They smelled fresh too so i'm sure that Cheesestick will like this. I picked out a sizeable sardine and payed the woman.

After that i walked till i reached a butchery. They had quite a bit of variety of meats so I'm sure I'd be able to find what I'm looking for. I looked around and i was able to find beef liver so i asked the worker for a piece of it. I noticed they did have chicken but not the organs.