Chapter 16

The moon's light casted over us, enough to light our path clearly. I dimmed the front lights of the motorcycle. My fingers tapped the handles as i hummed a tune. The only sound around us was the revving of the motorcycle. It drowned out any other sounds that would've otherwise been heard in the forestry.

Cheesestick zoned out from time to time but refused to fall asleep, for good reason too. If he were to fall asleep, he would risk falling off the motorcycle and i wouldn't be able to catch him.

Kanzaburou flew above us now. It was easier for him to keep pace since there was no rush anymore. We had killed the demon and completed our mission so we could relax till the next one. There was no need to speed to our desired location now.

Giyu had been alert the whole time, checking the areas we drove by for any suspicious activity. I wasn't surprised to be honest, i knew this man could stay up for days at a time. From firsthand experience too, there were times where i would wake up in the middle of the night and turn to see him wide awake but deep in thought. I never bothered to ask him what he thought about though, instead just going back to sleep.

I felt slightly tired but it wasn't enough to put us in an real danger. Other than my grip on the handle loosening up every now and then, making the vehicle slow down. I remained awake though and drove through the night.

As i kept driving i noticed something far up ahead. I slowed down a bit and nudged Giyu behind. I flicked my radio on.

"Hey there's someone or something up ahead." I said. Cheesestick noticed we had slowed down by a lot and looked up at me confused, then looked around before stopping to look at the figure.

Giyu looked over my shoulder. "I can't see what is is. Can you get closer?"

"Yeah for sure." I sped up the motorcycle a bit again. Giyu leaned in closer to the point his head was right on my shoulder. I could faintly see his eyes through the dark visor. He was squinting to see what the figure was.

As we got a bit closer, the figure was blurry but we could still sort of make it out. It clearly had white hair, some sort of white clothing and blackish pants. I slowed the motorcycle down to a complete stop, placing my foot down to keep it from tipping over.

"So?" I said looking again at Giyu. Our helmets were nearly touching. As he turned to look at me though, it caused the mouth guard part of our helmets to touch, or more so bump into each other sort of harshly. We both retracted our heads and groaned.

"Ow."

"Sorry." He mumbled before looking back at the figure. He eased up a bit so it wasn't a demon. "It's just Shinazugawa." He blandly stated. Looks like our luck ran out.

I looked back at where the figure was, realizing now that it was gone. Confused i whipped my head left and right searching for Sanemi. That was until i felt a presence above us. Instinctively i looked up to see Sanemi about to slice us. Before i could react though, Giyu had already withdrawn his sword and blocked Sanemi's attack. Sanemi landed on the ground in front of us and raised his sword again, this time faltering a bit but recovering quickly.

Giyu unclipped the helmet and took it off, showing Sanemi who he was, as if his haori didn't already give that away.

"Put your sword down Sanemi, we aren't demons." Giyu spoke, a bit harshly if you ask me. To be fair it would've been easy to think we were demons because of the unknown vehicle.

Sanemi looked pissed. For a moment he didn't budge but then reluctantly put his sword down. Giyu placed his own sword back in it's case. I unclipped my own helmet and took it off, before leaning in front of me to rest my body on the bike.